Multiple Sclerosis Community
cerebellar lesions??

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

cerebellar lesions??

I  still have tremors in my left hand, going on for over a month now. While I did some other research on tremors, I came across other cerebellar signs of lesions.  Throughout the years of being undx'd with ms, I have had slurred speech, nystagmus, double vision, optic nerve damage, and hyperreflexia. My thinking ability was impaired as well as having lightheadedness for 8 months with the "ground sinking in or coming up to meet me" when walking.

I guess I am just curious if any one else has shared all of these types of symptoms that go along with a cerebellar lesion?

This tremor that I am experiencing is not a small shaking movement, but a very obvious fast "wide moving" shaking, I don't know how to describe it, if only I could show you.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Pam
Hi Pam,

I don't share the exact same symptoms as you. I have had optic neuritis 3 times in the last 2 yrs and I have hyperflexia.  One of my lesions is an infratentorial lesion that I think is in the cerebellum.  But I also have other lesions in my brain and ones in my c-spine and t-spine.  

I don't have any tremors.  Unless it's a lesion in your spine, I'm sure that it's sometimes hard to say exactly what lesion is causing what.

-Kelly
Thank you kelly for responding. I guess I have been more concerned over this tremor because from what I have read, it can sometimes occur with SPMS, and when someone that has had RRMS  for 10 - 15 years it can change to SPMS.

I wonder if that is why my family doc. immediatly got on the phone to set up an MRI and 4th opinion neuro.. When she saw my tremors, she said, you seem to be progressing.

Thanks again,
Pam
Pam,

Have you been cleared on all the other MS mimics? Sorry my brain is mush and I can't remember anything now a days lol. The tremor in your hand definately needs to be investigated that is why I was wondering if they have ruled out any of the other mimics out there or even other neurological disorders that aren't mimics.

I hope that the next neuro gets to the bottom of whatever is going on so that they can get you on meds that help.

Paula
Hi Paula :) Thank you for responding.. Well, I guess I have been through all of the tests of ruling out all of the mimics over the past 3 1/2 years, this neuro in Rochester, Ny sent me for more blood work and he did an EMG test on my arms that day after he saw the tremors.
I am scheduled for an Evoked Potential Test at the end of Feb. Would this be the last test to have before a lumbar puncture? I hope my surgery that I will be having on my eyes and sinuses on Feb. 9th doesn't mess up the test.

Do tremors on one side eventually spread to the other side? Gosh I hope not, its hard enough to do things when your dominant hand is all whacky!! LOL

Hugs to you,
Pam
Pam,

I am not sure if it is the last test before an LP. Have you mentioned to your neuro that you want an LP just to ease your own mind? Sometimes you have to push to get what you want. :) I know that is horrible but sometimes it is necessary.

I honestly don't know if tremors will move to the other side, I am lucky and dont have tremors, but I really hope that your EPT shows something

The surgery can cause a relapse so don't be suprised if it happens. Just take care of yourself and lots and lots of rest.

Paula
Paula,

I haven't asked for an LP, I am hoping I don't need to get one and that this EPT does the trick.

As far as the surgery , I am definately not looking forward to a nice wonderful relapse!

I will not be able to see following my surgery so, I will not be able to post for awhile. So from now until Feb. 8th, I will be probably bugging everybody! LOL

I will try to rest as much as I can, but we both know how it is with a 7 yr old and 4 yr. old!!! I actually can take a nap daily in the afternoon before my son gets home from school. I can't help it, as soon as I sit, I crash!! Tired alot..

Thanks Paula, Hugs to you,
Pam
LOL I know the feeling, I am fine then do a few things and feel like I haven't slept all night.

You need to recruit some help with the kids while you are recooperating so that you can get the rest you need. What is the surgery for, told you my brain is mush now a days lol.

Paula
I am lucky to say i have a wonderful family, between mom, sisters, mother in law and hubby, they all take turns taking care of me and the kids. Three years ago, I had my first eye surgery of orbital decompression for thyroid eye disease. I told my whole family not to worry about me to just take care of the kids.
That was a big mistake!!! LOL I sat on the couch all day by myself with no vision, much pain and nothing to eat. Horrible!! The funny thing was, when I was able to crack my eyes open a little, I saw my cat dipping her paw into my glass of water to drink it!! I was sooo grossed out,
This time ...... 4th surgery later....... I know better. I told everyone to please not to forget about me, I depend on help to get to and from the bathroom, I live in a tri-level house so I have two sets of stairs. I fell the first surgery while holding my daughter that was 1 yr. old at the time down the stairs!! She wasn't hurt Thank God.

Anyway,, this surgery... I will be having implants placed in my eyes to bring them back into position, plus sinus surgery to fix a deviated septum and chronic sinusitis. My eye surgeon felt that the sinking of my eyes were  possibly getting worse because the sinus cavity was so filled.

OOOOPS! Sorry for all of the rambling, Got alittle carried away!!
Don't worry about the mushy brain, I have that too!! LOL
My son makes fun of me all the time.

Pam