chantix
i was just wondering if any one here uses chantix and is it helping you?....thanks deb
Is that the stop smoking thingy?   I think it's the same as "Champix" here in Canada, and I have the entire program sitting in my medicine cabinet...
I heard some nasty stuff about them both,regarding side effects, but not sure how true they are....

Tammy
hi,i have been taking it about 2 weeks and ill be honest with you,i have such vivid dreams that i talk really loud in my sleep so i get woke up all night

and im really bad depressed ...dont know if its from no sleep or the chantix its self ....i think im going to quit i cant take not getting no sleep....take care...deb
Well, obviously I want you to quit smoking, just as much as I would like to quit, but I have "heard" of some pretty serious side effects from that stuff....One being major depression....Did you read up on it or talk to the doc about it?  

Honestly, I did start taking it a few months back and by the end of the first week I stopped because I was having certain "thoughts" that I have never had....I didn't like that feeling at all....

Tammy
no i didnt and i know i should have ...so i have decided to go it another way...i have had some not nice thoughts to and the depression ...so its not going to work for me unfortunetly.......thanks for listening....deb
I have taken it twice now,

The dose is for one body type fits all so I cut the pills in half drink LOTS of water at least some food and take gas x for bloting, which gets better. I did not get the vivid dreams some have but I did not take the full dose I stopped smoking without trying by week 3 it was amazing.
Unfortunatly I got so sleepy not sure if it was the chantix heard others said it was I had to go off it and yeap right back at smoking. When you stop the pills you really need to have a plan to not go back to it as the pill really cut the craving to nothing but it comes back so work on finding things to do with your hands well on the chantix so when the course is done maybe you will have better success staying off the smack then I did!

Did it twice maybe I will try again later when they get the dose right. At one point I started in 1/4 doses it took longer to build in the system but I sure saw my smoking decrease.
I did it still in the trial stage and a new medicine is coming out also not sure of the name yet.

I think it really can work but if you already fight fatigue it can be a problem, I also the second round just took at bedtime and still was not smoking and I am a big smoker so.... like all meds some work for some not for others.
good luck on your quest I think it is worth the try.
PS I did NOT gain weight when I was on it that was great also.

Mary
I took Chantix and I loved it. I did have some really wacky dreams tho! But, I quit smoking for the two months I took it. They recommend three, but my insurance doesn't pay for it, at $125. a month, pretty expensive. Unfortunately, I started smoking again 2 weeks ago. I got really uptight about my neuro appt, which was a 4 hr drive, and stopped and bought a couple of packs. Definitely the wrong thing to do. Now I'm going to have to go through the whole withdrawal thing again. As soon as I work up the courage. It's worth a try, I did really well on it, hope you do too..Maggie