chiropractic help?
Hi everybody,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while.

Refresher for all you who don't have photographic memories: I'm 42, got my MS diagnosis 16 years ago. I use forearm crutches to walk and have lots of spasticity and urinary issues (I self cath because of retention, and also have quite a bit of incontinence between caths).

My question revolves around the back pain/discomfort I have that likely springs from walking funny to compensate for my disability (lots of leg weakness and foot drag) and from spasticity that I do not medicate.

Have any of you found chiropractic care to be helpful to you? I realize chiropractic focuses on bones and muscles, so it would be an indirect help at best for a neurological disorder. But just wondering if anyone has seen a chiropractor to address the problems that come from "walking funny," etc.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here about what my Neurologist told me a long time ago.  he told me that because of my spinal lesions that I should not let a Chiropractor manually adjust my spine.  I do not know why he said this, but seemed very insistent on it.

This of course does not mean that he was correct.  I look forward to what other members have to say.

Best Wishes,
Heather