cold chills only on right leg
Hey there. I have been going through alot lately.  It all started about a month ago, when I started getting this pain on my right side.  I dealt with it thinking I most of pinched something at work or gas.  Last Saturday I spent the day at the Urgent Care with pains in my side and I was unable to urinate.  They put a cathater in.  I went to a Urologist and they taught me how to self cath. They are going to see me again in Dec for testing.  Last night I was once again at Urgent Care because of the pain on my right side and under my right rib.  They didn't know much but they gave me gas and heart burn pills to try to releive the pressure and pain.  Right now I am having cold chills, BUT only on my right leg. Only in the thigh area. It keeps coming and going. it's wierd. Has anyone had this?  I had it the other day but I was cold, so I didn't think about it.  

Any input would be greatly appreaciated..
ok, what is this? I keep having cold chills every 5 to 10 minutes even when I am under a blanket.
Rae
I have no idea what to tell you about the chills. I have a problem with frozen hand(s) that thaw and freeze for no apparent reason.  Now my right hand is absolutely like ice and my left is normal.  Perhaps that is similar to your problem. I haven't talked with the doctor about this.  

ALSO I really do want to know if you figure out the pain in the right side and up under the right ribs - the only guess I can make at this is some sort of variation of  the infamous MS hug.  I have been experiencing that pain since January - have even gone to the hospital with it thinking it was heart related (it wasn't!) . I have had every GI test done, including a HIDA scan of my gall bladder to rule out the problems.  NOTHING turns up in any test, scan, ct scan, nuclear imaging... but the pain comes and goes often.  And it is always in the same area on my right side.

You're not alone, Lulu
I have also described a sensation as chills.  I'm not sure if it is actually chills, or simply the closest thing I can describe.  It occurs primarily in my right arm and leg, and on a rare occasion has been severe enough that I thought I might be having seizures.  Sometimes I feel almost nauseous when this starts, and the limbs always seem weak.  

I've been wondering if this was parathesis.  Sorry I'm not much help here, just sharing in the weirdness!

Sherry
It lasted for about 24 hours. It was weird like it kept getting stronger and stronger kind of started to hurt. My goose bumps were so big that my husband could see them.  Any ways the next day they stopped. I was wondering if it was because I had gotten a flu shot the week before. Who knows. Just another weird thing that is happeening to me.  

Anyway Lulu, I went to a urologist and they are going to be testing me on Dec 4.  I was prescribed Zantac and Nexium to maybe relieve the pain from the pressure from gas and my other end. I was taught how to cath my self.  I might be having to go see the GI people next.  I am just getting sick of the doctors appointments.  So, I am going to take these and see if I feel better. If not I will do the GI thing.  The doctor said it could be an ulcer or something from either end causing the problems.  Or of course it could be the evidence of MS that we are looking for to finally get me diagnosed.

I don't know. What I do know is there has to be conection with holding my urine.  Because every time I have to work (deliver mail) I have to hold it for 3 to 4 hours sometimes and that is when the pain starts.  Even when I have to hold it for only an hour I get the pain. On the days that I stay home, I feel better.

I know I do have a bladder issue, because I do not think it is normal to go to the bathroom every hour and every tow hours at night. Well we'll see.
Sounds like a bit of a flare to me.  You might have a UTI, too - make sure, because that can cause a mini-flare.  

Do not wait to go to the bathroom!  I know it's inconvenient to go every hour - I've been there!  But chances are you're going to start having problems with retention, and what that means is you'll start wetting yourself.  Better to be mildly inconvenienced than embarrassed.

I've had the sensation of cold on my leg - outside of right thigh and left ankle - for several months now, but not as intense as you describe.  I've also gotten goosebumps for no apparent reason.  Personally, I think the cold is a paresthesia.  Whenever I have a paresthesia in my legs, like buzzing, tingling, cold, etc I have muscle weakness as well.  I guess it's a sign that the nerves are impinged leading to the leg.
I agree with Jen--you're in a flare.  People with MS seem to have more UTI's, too.  I'd get this checked.  

I do have an odd sensation of goosebumps on one side.  It feels like someone brushing a feather on the one side of my face or leg.  

Deb
Gas pains in my right leg and sometimes both legs is caused by trapped gas.  The minute I pass gas the pain disappears in an instant.  Sometimes my legs hurt and I don't feel bloated but later in the evening I will start passing gas and the pain goes away.  I have a good diet so I don't know what's causing it.

I'm heading to an homeopathic doctor this week.  Regular doctors think you're nuts!