copy of physical exam fee charged at my D.O.'s office
I asked my current Doctor's office to fax me a copy of my physical exam results. Two years ago they did this and so have my previous doctor's. The administrator said by law they have to charge me $2.00 for the copy and I have to be present to pick it up. Please let me know where this law is printed?
Under HIPPA you might have to either be present or sign a release to cover their rear for release of records. It depends on the Doctor for me if they charge. My Neurologist charges $10 my PCP and Psychiatrist nothing. They both gladly give me the Neurologist's records for free. Also its easier to get my Neurologist's records through one of my other doctors because of the bureaucracy.

Alex
The fees for  copying charges are set by law. From what I found quickly on the net, the fee is 0.75.
Fees vary by state. In GA it's like $2 for the first page then 0.80 for next 20 pages.

The rule regarding picking it up in person is most likely due to HIPPA law. Below  are links to the info I found. Hope this helps.

New York
Sections 17 and 18 of Public Health Law (PHL), Laws of 1991, Chapter 165, sections 48 and 49.

The cost can be no more than Seventy-Five cents ($.75) per page for paper copies and a reasonable charge for diagnostic images, plus postage.

http://www. lamblawoffice. com/medical-records-copying-charges.

Ren