Multiple Sclerosis Community
cymbalta
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cymbalta

Hi, my Dr. wants to try me on cymbala?  Has anyone else been taken off their regular antidepressants ( that seem to be working) .... and changed from Zoloft to Cymbalta ?

I have been reading about it, and weight gain is something that I don't want to deal with,
and some of the side effects aren't so nice.

I have been getting these lumps all through my body, and they are painful at times, and I think he thought maybe it would work for pain and help me sleep better to, I do take
Zoplicone to sleep 2x7.5 mg. pills................

I know this is alot of info, but since I am now injecting, I am wondering how all this is going to work.

Thanks guys,
Candy
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1396846_tn?1332463110
Candy,

I was on cymbalta for pain a while back. It worked great for me but I got headaches on a daily basis so my neuro took me off of it. I loved it for the pain though.

The meds wont interfere with your injections. Your neuro has a list of all your meds and I am sure he/she is making sure that the combinations are safe.

It is crazy all the meds we end up taking.

Paula
Blank
I was on Cymbalta for 3 years and didn't get any help from it.  It's a #*$&%^ bear to wean off of, despite that its not a narcotic.  My insurance finally would not pay for it anymore and my doctor wouldn't let me switch, so went off of it.

But that's not to say that it doesn't help other people, just my personal observation.  I had been on two other anti-depressants at the time.  I now take none, as I went off of all at the same time, thoroughly disappointed at the time with the medical community!

I doubt it will affect your MS medication but just an opinion.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
Blank
620048_tn?1358021835
Hi Candy,

I was taken off another one (can't remember which one now) and put on cymbalta a few years ago and I loved it, its been so long now that I can't really remember why except that it helped my depression a lot and some of my pain.  I preached its praises for a very long time but like everything else I don't remember why...

I think we are all different when it comes to meds as we do with our MS...so I would give it a shot.

meg
Blank
1168718_tn?1366236035
thanks guys for your responses, it means so much all the support I have gotten this wekk especially , since I have started my shots on FRIDAY the 13th...........!!!  Is that a good thing, or not..LOL ?

Blank
1168718_tn?1366236035
thanks guys for your responses, it means so much all the support I have gotten this wekk especially , since I have started my shots on FRIDAY the 13th...........!!!  Is that a good thing, or not..LOL ?

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank