daily leg aches and pain
Greetings all,

Just wanted to get a feel for what everyone uses for those nagging daily aches and pains in the legs and hips.  Before my diagnosis I always stuck with Advil for everything pain related because of how well it works.  I know that long term or daily use of ibuprofin can wreak havoc on your stomach, but aspirin or tylenol never really seem to work as well.    Any "miracle" drugs out there I'm not aware of?  Thanks all!
Aloha!
I end up taking gabapentin for it, but at night it is driving me nutz with the injections. So they also started me on nortryptiline. (sp>) I am afraid of taking that too with all the meds I'm on. I feel like a walking pharmacy.

Hope you find your miracle drug if you find something plz let me know:)
Yah, let me know if you come up with that miracle drug too. For now, I am back on neurontin and take zanaflex for the night spasms.  I think we need a cocktail of drugs to help with this issue and there is no one drug to get it under control.  

Let's see if other's have something to add.

Julie
I was put on cymbalta last october and it has seemed to hep tremedously with the hip and leg pain.... Maybe it might help.
I was on nortriptyline (brand name Pamelor) 100mg /day for leg and hip pain. It's an off -label use for an old tricylic antidepressant. It has worked fine along with Trileptal for over a year. However, as time progresses I have break through pain.

An added note , nortriptyline ( a cousin to amtriptyline-Elavil) does not mix with many other drugs.

I am seeing a pain medicine doc this week to work on this issue. I'll keep you updated.

ren
I've been taking Flexaril for my spasms, and it seems to take the edge off, but never really stops the spasm.  However, it's cheaper than the Baclofen.  If the spasms got really bad I'd have to do something else.
I take zanaflex, muscle relaxer for spasticity too....it works, but makes me tired.