Multiple Sclerosis Community
does MS cause chest pains?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

does MS cause chest pains?

i have been suffering from random chest pains along with other symptoms like dizziness, vision probelms, leg and arm weakness and pain, abdominal numbess, headaches and a weird numb sensation between my should blades going up into my head. I have already been to the doctor for my chest pains and they did an x-ray and blood work and a EKG and said my heart looked fine. They also did a X-ray of my abdomen and said that looked normal too. So what else could be causing my chest pain? Some of these symptoms match with multiple sclerosis but does chest pains?
Hi Loo,

Did the ER provide you with follow up instructions and recommendations?

I wish I could provide you with something a bit more that helps, but I really think your next
steps should include what they suggested to do if you had further problems.

Not knowing the pain you are experiencing, I can't say if it's similar to what is felt in MS sometimes.

I sure hope you feel better soon.
-Shell
The problem with diagnosing multiple sclerosis is that the symptoms are neurological - meaning that the symptoms we have are because of damage to the spinal cord or brain.  There are many things that mimics MS, so it's very important to be evaluated by a neurologist.  He can put you through a full work-up and find out what's going on.

I would go to your PCP first, and let them know that you're still having chest pains.  There's lots of causes of chest pains, too!  It's possible that the pain is caused by acid reflux.

If the PCP feels that your symptoms have a neurological cause, then they'll send you to the neurologist.  To prepare for the appointment, make a timeline of your symptoms, so they'll have a clear picture of what's going on.