drooping eyelid
Has anyone ever experienced a drooping eyelid on one side... This week, I was having
sx, weekness in left leg, numbness in leg, and fatigue.  My husband, had noticed that
my left eyelid was barely open.. Sat. evening, I HAD to attend a function, ( I didnt want
to go, but they had already paid for plates, and I didnt want to be the gossip for the next
month or so.. lol) anyway, I went and stayed for just a little bit, dragging, Well, they
took a pic of my Hubby and myself, and when ever I saw it, I couldnt believe it, I looked
like a druggie.. My lid was barely opened.. My god..I probably am the the gossip!!!!.
Well, anyway., was just wondering if anyone had ever had a major droopy eyelid..
Have a great evening!!
Cyndi
Yup, me too - before I knew I had MS.
Hey Jen, and Cyndi,
One question, what caused your droopy eye lid, and Cyndi  are you dxed yet?  Is this droopy eye lid from the MS, or from ON because of MS.  I have had a droopy eye lid now for 5 months, and I was dxed with ON, but the Opthamalogist said it was because of weak eye muscles from dry eye. I'm am in the midst of getting dxed. so I'm in limboland for the moment, I have an MRI for neck, and brain this thurs.  So what were your dr's telling you guys your droopy eye is from?  I wake up in the morning sometimes and it's almost completely closed. and it also happens from fatigue, and when I go out in the sun or heat.  This is the first post where I've heard of the droopy eye lid.  Let me know?   Thanks guys!  Sandie
I am also in Limboland, and have a appt with specialist tomorrow, I have had pain in the left eye, severe at times,  as well as blurry vision in the left eye in the pass , although, I dont
recall having any pain this pass week, only the blurry vision. I dont know, maybe that is
ON. not sure.  Hopefully I will get some answers soon.
Cyndi
I have a mild ptosis of my left eye since birth.  Normally is only noticeable when I'm really tired.  It did worsen temporarily in 2007 when I had my big whopper of an attack that got me dx'ed.  At that time, I had many eye symptoms: severe diplopia, nystagmus, NMO, etc.in addition to the droopy eyelid.  The droopiness improved much quicker than those other visual symptoms.

In Dec 2008 I had a short episode of ON; could barely open it because of the pain with any eye movement.  Recovered very fast probably due to speedy treatment with IV steroids (less than 24 hours after onset) and once the pain was gone and I could open my eye, I expeced a droopy eyelid but it was fine.
I'm not sure of the exact mechanism, because the symptom disappeared before I went to the neurologist.  But if I had to guess, I'd say it was muscle weakness because of the trigeminal nerve.  It was affecting the muscles on the right side of my face, and my mouth and eyelid were both affected.  I kept biting the inside of my mouth on the right side because it was numb, and it kept getting between my teeth!
Hey Jen

Was it the problem with the droopy eye lid that dxed the MS, or was it something else, or other symptoms?  sandie
I woke up 3 weeks ago with a drooping right eye lid. I have had three consults with different doctors and so far two have said Myasthenia Gravis, and one said Parsonage Turner Syndrome. Next trip is to a neurophysiologist for testing. Mine is affected by heat and cold. Heat it gets worse, cold it gets better. They say that is a sure sign of Myasthenia Gravis. I will be getting an injection of a med that will do about the same thing, and if the eyelid returns to normal postion then it is a definite  for MG. I am at my wits end with this and wish I could get a true diagnosis. I was diagnosed with Lupus and fibromyalgia, now I am not so sure about this newest issue. Could it all be coming from the same thing or different ones? I also have severe right shoulder and arm pain that is only relieved by raising my arm and putting it behind my head, so that is why the third doctor said PTS. Seems like the doctors are just as puzzled as I am and hope the neuro doc can figure it all out.