Multiple Sclerosis Community
earthquake

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

earthquake

hi,anyone in mo.ill. or ks. or michigan  indiana feel the earthquake this am?........i guess my daughter in illinois woke up to bed shaking at 440 this am....have a good day all...deb
I did hear about it, what a rare occurrence!!!  Is your daughter ok?  
I am in Ohio...at around 5:30am or so I asked my husband to stop moving his feet because the whole bed was shaking.  He said, "I'm not even moving.  The cat must be doing something."

When we were all up and moving around the house, my youngest son asked if there was an earthquake because his room was shaking.

When we discovered there indeed was an earthquake, my husband said, "I think someone owes me an apology."  LOL

Wanna

hi, yes my daughter is fine thank you for asking ,and how about you wanna all ok there?....my daughter got up this am and told her daughter that her bed was shaking at 430 and her daughter(my g'daughter) said prolly a earthquake and she said no none of pics fell off....and than i read that and called and my g'daughter said i told mom i was right!!...lolol yes a very rare happening ...thank goodness...have a good day all ...deb
The epicenter of the Quake was 6 miles from West Salem, ILL and 66 miles from Evansville, Indiana.  Recorded start was 4:36 am
Oh they say it was a 5.2 Magnitude
Everything is fine here (we are in the eastern time zone so our "tremor" was at 5:36
I guess).  We live in a big, old Victorian home so I'm sure this old house has been through much worse in it's day!  

I am surprised the dogs didn't bark.  Perpaps they were scared.

I still think it's funny I blamed my husband...poor guy gets blamed for everything, even earthquakes!

Wanna
Actually blaming my husband is more in line with the doctor's philosophy...think horses not zebras.  So when the bed is shaking blame husband, not earthquake.

Wanna

yeah i new it was 5.2 but didnt know where it started...wanna shame on you:)...i do the same thing..lolhave a good day every body...deb
lolol
My children are living in Kansas but I haven't talked to them yet because I would hate to wake them up.  Where in Kansas was it felt?  Was it like the whole state or just on the boarder?  My kids are in Wichita, could they have felt it there?

I'll be praying,
Carol
I have elderly second cousins that live in Salem. I called my mom and ask her to call and check on them. They said the dogs were going nuts, and then they heard something fall. All were fine. Thank God! What a rare thing.........is that the same fault line that runs all the way to Louisiana? I need to research that. I can deal with hurricanes cause we can leave, but the earth moving all of a sudden scares me...........
I just realized I was talking to myself and answering myself again.........LMAO

Blessings and Hugs,
Beth
same here ...was in one and floor was moving wow scared the heeby jeebys out of me...hope all are fine every where....not sure what part of kansas but will check...take care deb
It sure shook me out of bed!! I'm in Evansville and I've never felt anything like it. The kids came runing down stairs. At first I thought it was the wind, but within a few seconds I knew what it was.

Anyway, we are all OK here.

Take care everyone.

PS I know I owe a few of you messages. I'll be back here later today to catch up.
not sure its not saying where im checking but they say that it was felt 900 miles away...my daughter that lives here in tn. said they felt it .her new china hutch and every thing was shaking...they just moved into there house they built about a week ago...wow maybe thats what woke me up at 430  actually i think clock said 438 when i got up to go to bathroom...who knows but anyway hope all are fine ...have a good day...deb