Multiple Sclerosis Community
electrical shock in back

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

electrical shock in back

hi i am 22 yrs old and i have been experiancing electrical shock feelings in my back. it usually starts at the lower part of my back and migrates up my spine and goes to the back of my neck and head. i notice it happens more when i have my menstraul cycles, nothing seems to take them away and they last for a while and time it makes it where i cant even sleep due to it. i have talked to my family doctor about it but he isnt sure if at all about anything comserning this problem and it is fustrating, please help if you have any advise for me.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's not good when something causes you to lose sleep or you have a symptom that you have no idea as to the cause. If your family doctor can't give you the answers, you need to find someone who will. Are you having any other symptoms? See if your family doctor can refer you to a neurologist so they can figure out what is going on. The electrical shocks "could" point to something neurological. At least a neurologist would order the proper test and be able to give you a clue as to what is going on.

Take Care

When I had my first visit to the Neuro she asked me if when i bent my neck down if I felt any electric shocks going down my spine and if i hear ringing in my ears wich i didnt tho so since she asked im taking it is a symptom? ...but then again you need to have alot more symptoms and tests(mainly MRI) for them to diagnose you with MS like numbness pain vision problems ect. I got all them my first attack...It could be alot more things and you should def find a doctor that is thero and dont just dismiss things cause he cant understand it i would find a neuro to talk too so you can get the proper tests done
It def. could be nothing tho maybe a pinched nerve or something but then again why wait and see if you are concerned about it
if you still are having problems I would keep a record of this and see your Dr, ask to see a Neuro and get it checked into.. do you have other symptoms as well.  Is it only when it's your period time? How long has this been going on as well?

let us know how things go

wobbly
dx
well i have other things going on but i am not sure wheather or not it has anything to do with the shocking feeling i am experiancing. it all started back in february of this year and after a few months of it going on i finally talked to my doctor but he knew nothing that would help me. i will talk with him about the neouro for more tests or something like it,