Multiple Sclerosis Community
eyesight

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

eyesight

hi- any of you- well yeh i know about the blurry vision double vision- but do any of you  lose your colors- its been worse at night-evening-but this is morning here- and on any web sight its like there isnt enough ink- on the paper- its frustrating- i have had colors wash out before- but this isnt any better its staying with me- urgg-  does this happen to any of you?
Tags: colors
Loosing the ability to detect differences in color, especially Red, is a common symptom in Optic Neuritis (Loss of the ability to detect saturation.)  Some people also get double vision (diplopia.)  I have vertical diplopia where the lighter "ghost image." is just below the "real" image.  My diplopia is not associated with strabismus (crossed-eyes or problems with the eye muscles.)  It is also in both eyes.  If I cover one eye or the other, I still have diplopia, so it is not related to strabismus.

Bob
Yep, I am a bit of a mess. I am not dx'd though so the cause is still unknown. My last Neuro didn't give my symptoms at the last visit much effort so I moved on.

Both of my eyes have symptoms. Both the color saturation does different things and sometimes they "swap." It seems related to different things - sunlight, heat or maybe irritation of the area that is affected. Luckily it's not apparent all the time. I noticed it about 2 months ago but I suspect it's been there for quite some time. The colors most noticeable are greens, reds, browns and some yellows, whites.

There is an area in my left field of vision that seems to have lighter saturation. The computer screen shows grey letters when it's black. Right eye is black letters.  

My right eye color saturation tends to go dark. Like last night at dinner, there were trees that flanked the restaurant we were in. If I looked at them out of my left eye they were bright, clear and had depth. If I looked at them out of my right eye they were dark, poor clarity and they seemed flat.

A few weeks ago when at dinner with my husband one night. I could tell my vision was WAYYY off. It was warm, we were sitting outside. I looked at him with my left eye. His skin looked washed out, almost white. I looked at him with my right eye he looked dark, I'd almost say red tones.  

It is not common for me to say it's like looking at two different pictures or TV screens. Oddness.

I have two different types of double vision. Vertical double vision going down in my left eye. (That is constant.) Rotating double vision in my right eye - sometimes the ghost image is vertical going up, sometimes it is horizontal to the left. I also seem to have double vision at times with both eyes as well -- that I believe has something to do with a muscle weakness.

I hope to know more next week what's wrong.
WOW-- CRAP!!!   yeh ive had about all that this is stayin with me-- like parts of letters missing when ya try to read - gosh how do you deal with it-
  thanks 4  replys- so sorry its one of the goofy things  urgg- plus i just blew up at my niece-i love her to death-she made me mad-i never get mad-  i told her where 2 go- man- i cant take that back- oh boy.  i hate this crap