Multiple Sclerosis Community
facial pressure discomfort

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

facial pressure discomfort

Hello again everyone
Just wondering does anyone have facial discomfort? It's v hard to describe as it's not actual pain more an ache - like sinusitis but without the blocked sinuses. Can feel it under my cheekbones most pronounced today in the right side of my face and along jaw. Sometimes it affects my chin. It's almost a feeling of internal pressure and if I press on it i.e. apply external counter-pressure it temporarily goes away but comes back when I release the external pressure. Ear on that side feels lack of sensation too, although not outright numbness. Has anyone else experienced this?
Os60
I have (although still don't have a diagnosis, going for MRi soon)....

It does feel like sinusitis. That is exactly how I described it to my PCP but they did a CT scan of my head (for other things) and told me my sinus cavities were clear. I also dont have stuffy nose or nasal congestion but for some reason sound like I have a cold!!

Grrrrr.  So annoying. Hope you get some relief/answers soon!
I have the facial issues, but not pressure, just pain, and lots of it.  I have the pain in very similar places as you...
Michelle
I get the facial pain along the side of my face from the temple to the jaw, quick zaps and then it goes away. Its on and off but not everyday. It usually happens on the left side, but twice I have felt it on the right side.
All the areas you describe are innervated by the Trigeminal Nerve.  My Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) started with "pressure" and altered sensation.  Then I got hit with that lightning ZAP from my ear to my nose.  That's when I went back to the Neurologist for meds.  

Bob
I have a pain that is sort of like that.  I've been thinking of it as eye pain, but it's also my forehead.  As if I placed the heel of my left palm on my left eyeball, and everything under my palm--eye, eyebrow, forehead--is a little sore and painful to touch.  But no shooting TN type pain.
Oh goodness! I just posted because I have this same pain! If I would have read further down the page, I wouldn't have repeated the question :-(

I hope you feel better soon!
~Jess
It's so comforting to hear of other people going through the same things, although horrible for you all.
Thanks COBOB for explaining re Trigeminal Nerve path. Hbananas, a little sore and painful to touch sums it up. Lovemy6monkeys - sounds similar to me. cardiactec hope you get diagnosis soon. Michelleric and drsdonthelp - thanks for your contribution. This is a wonderful forum. Thanks so much and healing thoughts to you all.