Multiple Sclerosis Community
fatty liver infiltration and ms?? uh?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

fatty liver infiltration and ms?? uh?

Hi peeps,

I had an abdominal scan last week due to severe rib pain, it came back that I have fatty liver infiltration? I do not drink any alcohol at all. I am not thin but not over weight either, I do not exercise as I used to as I just don't have the energy and only last a couple of minutes if that before my limbs are tired and shake etc. I have not been diagnosed with ms but I am waiting for my next neuro appointment. I am currently not taking any medication but what i have when i need it doesn't cause liver damage. I heared that there is a link between fatty liver and ms, is this true? and if so how on earth is it? I thought they are completely different issues?

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support. Take care.
I only know of the relationship to MS and thats as a side affect of Prednisone (steroids) other than that I'm unaware of liver anything directly connected to MS, yes as a secondary contition due to medications but not because of MS.

http://www.medicinenet.com/fatty_liver/article.htm

This seems to be a very detailed article (probably more than you want to know lol) though if you've been on steroids it could just be from that, speak to your dr about it though.

Cheers..........JJ
lol that should say "I only know of the secondary relationship to MS and thats as a side affect....."

oops
I have just found a site on ms where it suggests that a condition such as ms can affect the bodies ability to rid itself of toxins therefore can impact on the funtioning of such organs such as the liver. However I am aware that you cannot trust all that you read, especiall on the internet. This site is called taming ms. Thanks for your help.
looking at the taming ms site again and it looks as though they just want to sell us stuff. I wouldn't trust that site anyway.
Sorry I was wrong again they aren't trying to sell stuff they are just looking at natural ways people with ms can help themselves, there is just a section under drinking caffeine that mentions how people with ms seem to have more trouble ridding the toxins.bye.