Multiple Sclerosis Community
feeling like I have a stone in my shoe
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

feeling like I have a stone in my shoe

Hi.  I have posted the first time yesterday and I am still waiting to see if I can get a diagnosis.  Besides my extreme leg weakness, I now have a feeling like there is something like a stone in my shoe and it hurts when I walk. The feeling is in one foot.  I have checked my shoe repeatedly and there is nothing in it.   This problem comes and goes and today it is back.   Has anyone experienced something like this?  Thanks.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If it is between your last two toes, and kind of feels like a marble when you walk, or press it with fingers on the top and bottom of your foot at the same time and it hurts, it could be a Morton's Neuroma.  It's a benign overgrowth of tissue around a nerve.  I have to have cortisone injections in mine from time to time to be able to walk.  

Hope that helps a little.

Smcneel
Blank
147426_tn?1317269232
I know what you're talking about.  I keep feeling that there is a wad of something, like a sock, between my toes and I keep bending over to pull it out.  Nothing there.  It's a form of sensory paresthesia.  The nerves that feel pressure are sending false signals to the brain.  Likewise the pain sensors.  The two run together and they both may be damaged.

Quix
Blank
porokeratosis
Blank
1453990_tn?1329235026
I actually get a spastic muscle (the flexor digiti minimi) according to the podiatrist that causes my 4th and 5th toe to curl under.  Most of the time, it feels like I'm standing on a large marble.

Bob
Blank
1322693_tn?1308157496
I read this the other day and could not relate....well yesterday and today I have the feeling of a sock or something bunched up under my little toe and the one or two next to it.

No pain but VERY annoying.

I had to find this post. lol  

Doesnt matter if I have a sock or shoe on or not. Just sitting here I can feel....well....something, but nothing is there. I have a lot of trouble with my left arm and leg but this is in my Right foot. HUH, Weird.  

One more thing to add to the list. Hope it goes away soon.

Take care,   Jen
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank