financial aid
Does anyone know resources for financial help with medical bills, prescriptions, etc?  My husband and I have good insurance, but with all the medical bills piling in we can't seem to cut it comfortably!  I've looked up some info for financial aid but you have to make a lot less than we make in order to get the help.  But, with the mortgage, car payments, child, etc, etc, etc, there just never seems to be enough to go around.  I went to school for 7+ years to finally get away from being poor, and now it seems I'm almost in the same position as I was before.  D*** the MS!  Anyway, thought this might be a good place to ask questions, and I'm sure there are others out there in my position.  Thanks in advance, Angela
    I am a single mom with limited income, so if you do find out any info about financial aid please let me know. Even at the rather low income, and no insurance, I still make more than the limit to apply for some of the programs that they have at the hospitals here in Texas. My first Neuro visit is next friday, and in the papers they sent me, it said the $285 for new patient is expected when I hand them the paperwork...lol...guess they want to make sure they get thier money incase I am not happy with the visit...lol. Anyway, Good Luck and I hope you find something!!!!
I would try the state senator for your state.  For example, in some states they have catastrophic coverage for medical insurance when the bills get high.  Do you know what your lifetime maximum is on your medical insurance?  The senator's office may ask that.  Anyway, the elected officials may know of a state or federal assistance program.

Not to get political, but if you were an illegal immigrant in the state of Delaware (and I suspect in many states) your health care would be free.  For doctors, hospitals etc.
     I don't think you want my comment to illegal immegrants getting free health care when the U.S. citizens who are out there working full time jobs CAN'T.....I think I better leave this post alone for now!!!!
What does the lifetime maximum have to do with anything, out of curiousity?  Thanks for the tip on the senator's office.  Angela
The lifetime maximum is the maximum amount of money that your insurance company has to pay out on your medical expenses before they can quit making payments totally.  When that amount is reached, many states have some type of coverage or assistance for the individuals that have maxed out their insurance.

I was informed that the PPD program also helps people who needs help with their meds and perhaps do not fit the other guidelines.  Wish I knew more.  

Please, tell us if you find anymore help out there as there are many of us needing it, also.

Good topic to bring up!