Multiple Sclerosis Community
getting a 2nd opinion from neuro science hospital.

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Hi All

After the awfull appointment yesterday i was straight back on to my first choice before this all ended up being at my local hospital with my dead brain old neuro. LOL should not be like that he is doing all he can but i just want somebody with a fresh look at the case and a better hospital with lots of resourses at there fingers as i am not text book case and i need further investigation and i feel my neuro is just used to seeing text book cases and anything out of that is byond him or his too maxed out to cope with it so as i've only ever seen him on the NHS you are allowed a 2ND opinion so i rang back up the other hospital bi-passed the old referal and there was an appointment just waiting for me not till the May the 7 th but *** will do as he is doing the MRI and he is a MS specailist maybe its not MS or maybe like i say i need someone who has seen more unusaul cases like me and that would hopefully come from a good neuroscience hospital who knows its gone to neurology so hopefully i'll see one of many there and my old neuro can come to his decision and the new one can come to theres and i'll see where i go from here.

I feel abit better about it today the sun is shinnning and i am taking my friend out for lunch later, its a good day for now.

thank you for all your support on my other post you are all so lovely.

sam xx
Very pleased to hear that you have this option, and will pray that it bears fruit for you.  Enjoy lunch.
Good for you - keep marching on eh? I can't believe you found an MS specialist here in the UK, where is he? I might need his name!

My research tells me we have only 400 neuros in the UK and only 60 MS specialists, there are also only two  3 Tesla MRIs in the UK, one in London and one in Liverpool.

After a meeting with my GP last night who insisted my knee problem had been 'overuse injury' -bah!!!! how can I overuse my knees just walking around which is all I did? I'm a couple of stone overweight not 30 stone for goodness sake!

I have booked to see the neuro again but it will be the same one, as my region we have one guy, the other is semi retired. I am going to see him just to ask him for the name of another for a second opinion! My appointment is 8th April I'm lucky I'm still working full time so we are going to pay private to see him quickly (about £150) - we can do that now and still use the NHS -  so I will keep you posted too.

Good luck with all of it Sam - enjoy the weather this week it's going to be a good one.

Love and (((((((hugs)))))))
Pat
x
sam, I answered your other post before I saw this one.  I am glad you are feeling better :o)  Enjoy your lunch.

terry
I will pray that the new neuro will only give you the truth, and in a kind and calming, not decending way.  You have had enough ego and rushing to a decision.  Enjoy the nice weather, and think about something else!
Ann
Wonderful. Altho May 7 seems like a long time away, the time will pass quickly. I know you will keep your timeline up to date. Let's pray this guys' interest will overcome his ego!  Enjoy the sun, and the time with your friend. Try to just let it go for now, relax, and re-charge your batteries for another battle. I will be praying for a better outcome this time. At least you will have a new MRI for the new neuro to see.

Hugs & Prayers
Maggie
Uk2,

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting a 2nd opinion.  I will be saying lots of prayers that this new dr will have some answers for you and will treat you right.

YEH..... hang in there friend... we will get to the top of the mountain on of these days.... I know it's awhile longer... hey...we all know that feeling, and waiting is so frustrating... ummmm

but, keep trucking along and hopefully we will all get answers too what is going on with our bodies...

take care
wobbly
undx
All

thanks guys your the best!!!!!!!!!!

xxsamxx