getting disability
I have a hearing coming up in about 4 months. I was wondering, how difficult is it to get disability with MS (also have lupus)
hi willow,

can i ask what hear   is for> for SSDI ?
usually hearing would be for appeals, or so i   thtink

the answer is ,, it all depends... which it shouldn't
Depends on where in the country youuu are, and can depend on what county/region too.
Have you filed all your papers?

WHat step in the system are you?
depending whwere stage, i have diffent advice...let me know.
be well, amo

I never had to go to a hearing when I applied for SSDI.  I was approved on the first try...am I lucky or what.

The questions that AMO asked are important to know, in order to be able to advise you.

If you have well-documented proof of MS or Lupus or both and show how they keep you from living your daily life, really stressing the PAIN aspect and how it keeps youfrom doing the slightest things, like dressing yourself...the whole process seems to go off without a hitch.  When I applied, I really STRESSED the chronic pain and how it interrupted my life...

Heather
Hi Willow.  I'm sorry to hear about the need for a SSDI hearing.  Typically(in my experience) a hearing doesnt happen until after a denial of benefits.

Most people, about 80% of people get denied benefits on their first application.  In most instances it takes multiple attempts and sometimes helps to have the assistance of a lawyer specializing in the field.

I have seen people have benefits granted on their first attempt and the common theme seems to be a doctor who is willing to write an affidavit or letter that is precise and specific to your disibility.  If your doctor or doctors put forth the effort I believe it will help you.

The system is not perfect, but unfortunately some people try to take advantage of it and that is why people truly disabled have to go through the ringer.

Good luck.
WELL IT TOOK ME 8 YRS.  LOTS OF LAWERS.
NOW I ONLY GET SSI, IT HELPS. AS I READ
HERE IN NJ. WHEN YOU ARE DX WITH MS
YOU SHOULD BE APPROVED, WITH NO PROBLEM.
GOOD LUCK
KITT