Multiple Sclerosis Community
groin pain and stiffness......

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

groin pain and stiffness......

anyone here ever have groin pain and stiffness????
thanks for your help.
april
I have right groin pain, they say it's my hip.  I also get a snapping like in the top of my thigh close to my groin.  They have labeled mine as osteoarthritis but, I think it's funny because it seems to be the side I have most of my weakness.  Do you have hip problems?
Debbie
~live as if all you dreams came true~
Hi Mae,

Yes, mine is sometimes shooting pain and goes down my leg and other times the pain is from muscle spasms.  It usually happens if I've over exerted myself or am really tired.

Hope this gets better, maybe you should talk to your dr about this?

Take care,
doni
I have an appointment on the 12th.....
my hips ache on and off but i have constant groin stiffness for about 3 weeks now.
I cant open my legs farther than a certain degree. sometime i forget like when I jump into bed or get out of the car and when my legs open to a certain degree the pain is awful. I actually let out a scream...
dos that make since to you...
April
I can relate... my husband jumps screaming what't the matter.  Sux, doesn't it!  Make sure you tell your Dr.
Debbie
I had groin pain for a long time and then I was diagnosed with osteonecrosis where the bone dies. I also had this same condition in my shoulder. Both of these areas were injured when I was young but mixed with the amount of steroids that I have taken over the last 10 years the osteonecrosis developed.
The symptoms started with range of motion issues and then progressed to unbearable pain. I have to say that I was humbled by the pain. I would scream out in pain when I tried to get up. People around would freak out. I finally just got a hip and shoulder replacement and I am now all better. I walked on a broken hip for 2 weeks. I'm dumb.

Christy D
My orthopedic surgeon told me the classic symptoms of a degenerated hip joint is pain in the groin.  I couldn't cross my legs and the groin pain was quite constant.. As it turned out, after x-rays, I had a badly degenerated bone on bone hip joint,  After a total hip replacement the pain went away. Unfortunately the trauma involved was what, in my case, apparently  triggered my MS.

Not all groin pains are related to the hip though.  Groin pain can indicate among other things  a hernia or in the case of a sudden onset of excruciating pain  it can be a blood clot which is another thing I can attest to.

Marcie
I sometimes get agonising groin pain, it is so bad I can't walk at all, strange as it sounds it is worse when I take the weight off it. Getting into bed is impossible and getting out of bed is impossible. Nothing relieves it. - That's the bad news, the good news is I only get it very rareley and it only lasts for a couple of days. The doctor could find nothing and an x-ray showed nothing. I think it is MS linked.

Mand
I just got my MRI results that indicated early avascular necrosis. I also have MS. Interesting that for such a "rare" disease AVN is, that there seems to be quite a few people with MS that have it. I guess it's due to steroids.
April ~ Would you mind sharing your diagnosis?  I have the same issue as you and have been trying to figure out what it is.  Thank you!!!