Multiple Sclerosis Community
has anyone had hip pain
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

has anyone had hip pain

Ok, I have had this constant hip pain. Couple days ago, I needed to take my zanaflex during the day due to this and it helped somewhat, but it is starting again. This pain was keeping me up last night, I could not get comfortable, I had a hard time walking today. How common is hip pain in ms?

Thanks, Pamela
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1396846_tn?1332463110
Pamela,

I get it periodically, When I get it, its a killer. I take muscle relaxers for it, I am quiete sure it is spastic. Have you talked to your neuro or PCP about this to see what they have to say. I know my sciatic hurts me sometimes too. I hope you can get relief. When mine hurts I try to rest as much as possible.

Good Luck,
Paula
Blank
The only reason why I am actually on zanaflex is because of my right leg cramping up and my upper back spasming so bad I couldn't move out of the position it locked me in. he didn't give it a name, he just prescribed medication.

I have had sciatic pain down my left side for years, I guess I am extra careful how i take my steps because one wrong move and I am done!! It hasn't bothered me in a couple of years.
But this hip pain, I have had for years as well, however, it has never bothered me so much and for this long.
I used to go to work, and here I am at 20 something?? limping. My friends would ask, what is wrong, and I would respond like its normal, oh, its just my hip bothering me.
Thank you Paula for responding, Is this a normal symptom of ms??

hugs, Pamela
Blank
1221035_tn?1301004108
I have MS and hip pain that just kills me at night. It wakes me up....just a severe aching down my left leg to below my knee. I take Zanaflex too, but it doesn't seem to be helping much lately. It hurts a little during the day....but at night it is almost unbearable.
Blank
My hip pain kinda stays right on my hip and it hurts. I try to massage it and putting pressure on it feels good. How long have you been on zanaflex? When I am laying on my side, the pressure on my hip is what keeps me up at night.
Thanks, Pamela
Blank
1221035_tn?1301004108
my pain starts at my left hip and goes down the outside of my thigh to just below my knee. It aches....just like a toothache. I change positions constantly trying to get comfortable.
I have been taking Zanaflex for over a year now.
Blank
1295859_tn?1285271491
I get hip pain, but have always figured its the way i walk and stand. always have my feet shoulder  width apart at lest. one day i might do the splits lol. wouldn't that be fun to get up from. limbo lander here so don't know if its normal for MS or not.
Blank
1394601_tn?1328035908
I have hip pain, too.  It wakes me at night.  I can't take too much narcotics and the medicines for nerve pain don't touch it.  I do know that the more I move, the less pain I have at night.  Now that sounds so simple but nearly impossible with MS at times.  I have taken to doing it in little bits....even if only 30 seconds...then stopping and trying again.  I wish I had a magic cure for all of us.
Blank
645390_tn?1338558977
I have had really bad hip pain for the last 3 weeks. I have not had this before.  My own DX is my compensating for more R foot spasticity and therefore the L hip pain.  I have not called the Doc, as I am waiting for it to improve on its own,  ( I know I am not a doc, just getting tired of all medical visits.)

If it doesn't improve soon, I will call MS neuro and get a referral to PT.

Michelle
Blank
Thanks everyone.... I was up again last night with so much pain in my hip.  I think I need to ask my neuro to up my zanaflex dose. It is becoming more unbearagle.
Pamela
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank