Multiple Sclerosis Community
has anyone had hip pain

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

has anyone had hip pain

Ok, I have had this constant hip pain. Couple days ago, I needed to take my zanaflex during the day due to this and it helped somewhat, but it is starting again. This pain was keeping me up last night, I could not get comfortable, I had a hard time walking today. How common is hip pain in ms?

Thanks, Pamela
Pamela,

I get it periodically, When I get it, its a killer. I take muscle relaxers for it, I am quiete sure it is spastic. Have you talked to your neuro or PCP about this to see what they have to say. I know my sciatic hurts me sometimes too. I hope you can get relief. When mine hurts I try to rest as much as possible.

Good Luck,
Paula
The only reason why I am actually on zanaflex is because of my right leg cramping up and my upper back spasming so bad I couldn't move out of the position it locked me in. he didn't give it a name, he just prescribed medication.

I have had sciatic pain down my left side for years, I guess I am extra careful how i take my steps because one wrong move and I am done!! It hasn't bothered me in a couple of years.
But this hip pain, I have had for years as well, however, it has never bothered me so much and for this long.
I used to go to work, and here I am at 20 something?? limping. My friends would ask, what is wrong, and I would respond like its normal, oh, its just my hip bothering me.
Thank you Paula for responding, Is this a normal symptom of ms??

hugs, Pamela
I have MS and hip pain that just kills me at night. It wakes me up....just a severe aching down my left leg to below my knee. I take Zanaflex too, but it doesn't seem to be helping much lately. It hurts a little during the day....but at night it is almost unbearable.
My hip pain kinda stays right on my hip and it hurts. I try to massage it and putting pressure on it feels good. How long have you been on zanaflex? When I am laying on my side, the pressure on my hip is what keeps me up at night.
Thanks, Pamela
my pain starts at my left hip and goes down the outside of my thigh to just below my knee. It aches....just like a toothache. I change positions constantly trying to get comfortable.
I have been taking Zanaflex for over a year now.
I get hip pain, but have always figured its the way i walk and stand. always have my feet shoulder  width apart at lest. one day i might do the splits lol. wouldn't that be fun to get up from. limbo lander here so don't know if its normal for MS or not.
I have hip pain, too.  It wakes me at night.  I can't take too much narcotics and the medicines for nerve pain don't touch it.  I do know that the more I move, the less pain I have at night.  Now that sounds so simple but nearly impossible with MS at times.  I have taken to doing it in little bits....even if only 30 seconds...then stopping and trying again.  I wish I had a magic cure for all of us.
I have had really bad hip pain for the last 3 weeks. I have not had this before.  My own DX is my compensating for more R foot spasticity and therefore the L hip pain.  I have not called the Doc, as I am waiting for it to improve on its own,  ( I know I am not a doc, just getting tired of all medical visits.)

If it doesn't improve soon, I will call MS neuro and get a referral to PT.

Michelle
Thanks everyone.... I was up again last night with so much pain in my hip.  I think I need to ask my neuro to up my zanaflex dose. It is becoming more unbearagle.
Pamela