Multiple Sclerosis Community
hello, im new. i would like some help please

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Ive not been feeling to well for a bit now, i'm tired, i ache all over. im having pains in my legs. burning and just feeling strange.
Ive seen an orthopedic about joint pain and bad knees. but my knee x-ray and my mri scans fine. but he thinks my knee muscles are pulling to one side making my knee cap grind. my elbows hurt and tingle too. Had blood test for arthritis  but everything's fine I'm 25.My pains and tingles are different every day and i have foggy brain days too. i thought it might be fibromyalgia. The pains in my knees and legs started first. I'm quite positive person so I'm open to what people say without it upset me. does ms start with leg pains?x thank you x
Hi and welcome!

Based on my limited knowledge, MS generally doesn't present that way.

I do understand though, because about 12 years ago I was diagnosed with a subluxation of the patella. I have it on both knees, but my left was way worse than my right. I had successful surgery and my left knee is now a lot better.

Subluxation of the patella means that either there is a bone deformity and/or the muscle pulls the kneecap to one side, making it pop out of place. I happened to have both the muscle and bone deformity issues.

Best of luck,
Minnie
thank you. i don't think my knee cap pain is anything to do with my other aches and pains as the docs said it does not sound connected.my right one is fine and when i have tingle pains and burning its hurts more then my bad knee with the knee cap problem. i had a bad knee like 6 months before all this other stuff started. its just nice to ask somebody what knows im  not being rude when questioning there ms. xx
It appears your MRI benchmark tests have not indicated ms.  We also know when you google almost any symptoms, ms comes up 99% of the time

It is often a long and hard road to prove ms, many mimic diseases have to be ruled out first, and your tests so far are not indicating ms.  I'd suggest a neuro to rule out any other problems and just maybe fibro meds might help you

We know how hard it us to be where you are, many of us could just substitute our situations exactly where you are!  

Hang in there, you will find out eventually but be patient, it's hard but we've all been there.  Do we think you have ms, we don't know as ms presents itself differently for each of us.  I spent almost 30 yrs chasing it before I got my dx, and of , now I don't want it!!  

Ms is a disease that attacks the nerve coatings and causes chaos, sometimes you are fine and sometimes you are not, but it's a slow moving disease usually.  Do some more intense reading if you still think you have it and a list of which ms tests you've had, be honest with your doctors, they are the ones who work with you.  Minnie has also given you some good advice.  
No worries, Sarah is right. It can be a long road ahead with neurological issues, specifically MS. There are a lot of mimics that have to be ruled out and testing done.

Not saying you don't have it because there is no way to know, but I do understand the knee thing because I had/have it.

Generally, if you are aching and tingling all over that points away from MS. Others with more experience and knowledge than I will probably chime in.

It is disconcerting when one's body starts acting all funky, so I get your concern.

You may want to check out the health pages because they offer a lot of information about symptoms, how MS presents, and the McDonald Criteria, which is the basis on which one is diagnosed.

I would recommend you see a neurologist to start with.

All the best,
Minnie
yes im going to go back to my doc, as the orthopedic couldn't help me,What ever it is its started slowing.
Im very thankful that i can ask people without them being cold or say 'why ask us when u need to ask ur doc'
Ive seen not very nice comments on the pages. I think its helpful to talk to people.
i know people cant tell me whats up. its just nice a ask for advice. its only early days so, what symptoms you have might be different to me. xx
Have you seen a neurologist yet? An Orthopedic doctor is what you would need for your knee and joints but for tingling, numbness, and other neurological symptoms a referral to a neurologist is the way to go.

Hope you have a great day,
Minnie
not yet as docs thought i had rheumatoid arthritis.so im gonna request to see them x