Multiple Sclerosis Community
help me please

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

help me please

Hello, I have been having weakness and twitches on the right side of my body for some time now....Sunday morning I had excruciating arm pain before it went away, I fell asleep and when I woke up, it was shaky and twitchy and weak. I can lift and pull, type and write, I'm just wondering what it might be. Another thing is that I have been walking with a limp as well. My grip feels weak. I know it isn't ALS or anything seriouse as it wouldn't be this quick. Im 17 years old and am not active at all. Everything that happens to my body is on the right side. I'm not overweight, I'm about 120 pounds an am 5'6. I smoke an E cigarette and I avoid all types of caffeine or alcoholic beverages.  I need to know that i am OKAY. Do you think it is a pulled muscle somehow? Or...problems with my dibilitating anxiety disorder? Please get back to me as soon as possible as to what it might be. Thank you.
Hi and welcome,

It's not difficult to see that you are basically looking for reassurance that you are medically fine and nothing is seriously wrong but i'm going to be brutally honest........'IF' you are dealing with a "dibilitating anxiety disorder" that is serious and it is 100% in your best interest to speak to your doctor about your mental situation and health worries, there are various forms of treatment options available to help change your tomorrows for the better.......be brave and speak to your doctor!  

Good luck........JJ
Dear Dowww21
   I don't think it sounds like MS. I am not sure what it could be. I would start with my family doctor. HE or she could do a quick neurological exam that is reflexes and such and rule in or out anything neurological.

Alex