Multiple Sclerosis Community
hi to all

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

hi to all

Hi guys, sorry I have notbeen aroundf  for awhile, but things have been really tough here.  

After lots of tests, I know am joining the self cathedering group.  I start on Tues.  Any suggestions, and encouragement, would be great appreaciated....

thanks,
Candy
Hey Candy great to hear from you. I can't add anything on self cathing. I think about you all the time.

Alex
Hi, Candy. Self-cathing isn't fun, but it's something one gets used to, and eventually becomes sort of a non-issue in the scheme of things. It may take you a while to get the hang of it, female anatomy being what it is, so don't get discouraged or impatient with yourself.

I had to do it for several months and then things leveled off. Maybe that will happen for you. Hope so.

The big thing to know is that cathing is such an easy way to introduce infection, no matter how careful we may be. Lots of times we don't even have symptoms but still the infection is there. So my best advice is to see your doctor pronto if you even wonder if you have an infection. That will keep things to a minimum.

Best of luck. It's really not as bad as it may seem.

ess

I don't know about all that's going on. I am new to the group. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong. You can do this.
Hi Candy,

Have missed seeing you on here. sorry to hear about the newest development. I don't cath , at this point at least, so I don't have any pointers other than to emphasize Ess's warning regarding infection. Lu  and many oothers self-cath and hopefully they will come alnong and add to this post.

Keeping you in my thoughts. You're tough. You CAN do this. Keep us posted with updates and/or questions.

Hugs,
Ren
Hi Candy I had to start cathing myself a few months ago and Sarah really helped me out I really hope she chimes in on this subject. My uro sent out a nurse to show me how are they gonna do the same for you? Also my uro thinks I make a good candiate for botox injections into the bladder I havent decided about that yet. Any questions just ask

Kat
yep, will help her out, Kat........will message you Candy

Kat, sure you want to go botox?  think on it........
Sarah I have been thinking bout it becausr the side effect from the injections could make my situation worse so will probably not have it still up in the air have you  had it ? Or know someone who has?

Be well

Kat
thank you all for your support, suggestions, and stories.  I feel blessed to have you in my life.

(((HUGS)))
Candy
Hi Candy-girl,
Just wanted to wish you well with the self cath - you been on my mind :)
(((Hugs)))
shell
thanks Shell, I will let you know how it goes tomorrow..... not looking forwrd to it, but heh, the sun is shining, and the sky is blue, what more could I ask for...... hope it is the sae tomorrow.....
((HUGS)) to you too,