Multiple Sclerosis Community
holiday

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

holiday

I just got back from a 2 week holiday/vacation. I have not been on this forum for quite a while. I hope that all of you that I have talked to (as well as all those on the forum)  are moving along with dx/treatment. I am still fibro dx. My memory loss is clearly getting worse and at 35 yrs old, that is scary. I stopped taking Seroquel (was for sleeping) due to how much it cost on my husbands insurance. That is why I am on the computer at this time of night. We switched insurance when I was administratively terminated from my job of 12 years. Since I was on last, I found out that my thyroid is out of whack, which gives me a higher chance of getting an auto-immune disease. Just another doctor to go see! If you can think of anything, please let me know what's new with you all!
-princess
I am sorry to hear about your thyroid and inability to sleep.  Do you know if you are hyper thyroid or hypo thyroid?

I would like to recommend a book called "Fat Fuzzy and Frazzled" by Richard Shames MD.  He is a doctor that has spent his entire career treating just thyroid disease.  He gives alot of suggestions and information.  He also has a website with the same title with info.  I hope your local library has the book.

Elaine
You are more likely to have other autoimmune diseases if you have one.  Are you taking anything for your thyroid disorder?  

I have hypothyroidism, which was diagnosed before the MS.  If you're hypothyroid, you'll notice a major improvement in how you feel once you've been on medication for a while.  It takes a while, however.  

Long before my MS diagnosis, I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a diagnosis that my neurologist says was completely bogus.  Who knows.  However, I will say that untreated thyroid problems causes many problems, if it's really out of whack like mine was.

I hope you're feeling better.  Keep in touch.  We'd love to hear from you.

Deb