hot spots
I've had MS for several years and have had numerous symptoms but one new one has shown up. I have one spot on my left backside that feels like a small heating pad going on and off. Granted this would feel great in winter but its 100 degrees out!!!  Seriously, has anyone else dealt with this symptom?
L
I have MS too, and although I haven't had a "Hot Spot" like this I do have a burning, hot sensation in my feet from time to time and have sensory patchy stuff going on all the time on my left leg of varying degrees.  Prickly, itchy, irritated, numb.  So it sounds consistent with what MS does.  

Hope that helps...
Hi, Welcome to the forum!!  Yes, the sensation you're describing of an area feeling hot (or cold) is very common in MS.  It is from a damaged nerve that carries temperature senstion from that part of your backside.  It's carrying faulty info.  I agree, it's quite rude for it to happen now.  I vote that it goes away and returns only in cold weather, lol.  

Join us if you'd like. Since you already have a diagnosis we could use your perspective.  We have a thread over on page 2 of this forum called, "What I went through to get a diagnosis of MS."  If you would like to add your story it will help us get to know you.  And also, since so many of us have had bad experiences with doctors, if you have any to share that's okay, too.

I've been slow to get everyone welcomed. A combination of fatigue, computer problems and lost of new people.  I hope you see this.  Quix