Multiple Sclerosis Community
how fast does tysabri work?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

how fast does tysabri work?

HI,

I had my first tysabri infusion last Thursday. Two weeks prior I had IV steroids. And still my relapse seems to remained. I'm tired, lightheaded and dizzy. My brain feels like enveloped tightly with cotton.
Is it normal to feel like that? Can these be some side-effects of tysabri? Or is my MS really changing into Secondary Progressive?
Please tell me that it's normal and shall pass... :( I think I'll wait week more and call my neuro. For now I'm trying not to panic too much.

Terrified,
Kasia

I don't think that Tysabri can stop a relapse already there but may help you from having a relapse in the future.

My story was I had been on Rebif and monthly (every three or four weeks as needed) monthly steroids.  After a year my body could no longer handle the steroids.  So I took five rounds of Acthar Gel.  Three weeks later I had my first infusion of Tysabri.  Two days later I was in the hospital with one of my worse relapses.  I was released after thirty days.  That very day I was given my second Tysabri infusion.

I have now taken my fourth.  No relapses since!!!  I am hopeful it is slowing the process where steroids and Rebif could not.

I wish you well and hope things calm.
It seems to be that most folks on tysabri find a noticeable increase in energy and decrease in symptoms after 3-4 infusions.  I've also read that the benefits of the tysabri wear down a bit and you may feel not so great the week right before your next treatment.  I hope it goes well for you and the tysabri makes a difference.

be well,
Lulu
Thanks! I'm honestly tired of all this (isn't that just great?) and for now cannot see the end of it - my apologies to those of you with progressive form; I think i'm beginning to understand.
Well, I thinks there is nothing else for me to do than wait and hope for the best.

Kasia