Multiple Sclerosis Community
hyperintensity in subcortical white matter in left parietal lobe, ische...

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

hyperintensity in subcortical white matter in left parietal lobe, ischemic

i have lost sensation in right leg and right hand with flapping of hand, ct scan is normal but mri diagnosis is ''hyperintensity in subcortical white matter in left parietal lobe, ischemic'' kindly explain me the things in english language not midical terms plz help me, last night i urinated in bed, i am 31 years old plz, neuro says that i am having clot in brain restrict me to ride bike,clear the things plz.
regards

Its the middle of the night for most of the members so dont be suprised if you dont get many responses for hours, if it goes onto the second page just write 'bump' and it will go back to the top.

I can't tell you much:

Hyperintensity = refer to areas of high intensity on particular types of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of the human brain

Subcortical = the portion of the brain located below the cerebral cortex

White matter = White matter is one of the two components of the central nervous system and consists mostly of myelinated axons. The other main component of the brain is grey matter

Parietal lobe function = The parietal lobes can be divided into two functional regions. One involves sensation and perception and the other is concerned with integrating sensory input, primarily with the visual system. The first function integrates sensory information to form a single perception (cognition). The second function constructs a spatial coordinate system to represent the world around us. Individuals with damage to the parietal lobes often show striking deficits, such as abnormalities in body image and spatial relations (Kandel, Schwartz & Jessel, 1991).

ischemic = unknown or of no known cause

I'm not a dr but what you've been told doesn't sound like it fully coresponds with your symptoms, specifically your loss of motor function, I would recommend you getting an MRI of your entire spine and a second opinion.

Take care

JJ