inflamatory or ishemic?
My Neuro Has Said To My GP By Letter, That My Last Mri Of The Brain Which Showed Multiple Small High Signal Foci In The Subcortical White Matter Some Of Which Involve The Subcortical U Fibers Could Be Inflamatory Or Ishemic.
My Qustion Is Are Ishemic Lesions Found In The Subcortical U Fibers And The Subcortical White Matter Inflamatory?
I Suspect Not.
Any Feedback Much Welcomed.
Thank You.
Joe.
I Am Sorry For The Awful Spelling
YOU SPELLING WAS JUST FINE.

I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT ISCHEMIC LESIONS,BUT THE OTHER NIGHT I WAS READING AN ARTICLE ON SUBCORTICAL U FIBER LESIONS IN MS.

I WILL TRY TO FIND THE ARTICLE OR THE WEB SITE.

IF YOU ARE DOUBTING THE NEURO THEN PLEASE GET A SECOND OPINION, FORGET THAT THOUGHT IF THIS NEURO DOESN'T KNOW ,GET ANOTHER NEURO,PREFERABLY A MS SPECIALIST OR ONE THAT DOES DEAL WITH MS.

SORRY BUT YOUR NEURO SHOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

T

T. I Would Really Appreciate It If You Could Find The Said Article. Thank-you For Taking The Time To Read My Posting.
Any Other Input Would Be Most Welcomed.
All The Best,
Joe.
I found something about u-fibers at http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/4556dea65db62

Juxtacortical lesions located in the U-fibers are also very specific for MS.
You really have to look hard to notice them, because they are difficult to differentiate from the hyperintense cortex.
The patient on the left not only has multiple periventricular lesions of which some have the typical Dawson finger aspect (blue arrow), but there also is a juxtacortical lesion.
The involvement of the U-fibers is best seen on the magnification view.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for--may be similar?  Look about 3 or 4 pages down under a picture of a vein that is pink.

Stacey
Sorry All But Bumping Up.
Desperate For More Info.
Joe.
Hi, Joe.  You and I talked before when you posted a similar question.  Subcortical lesions are different from the juxtacortical lesions that involve the U-fibers.  

T was right.  MS strikes both the juxtacortical U-fibers and also the subcortical regions.  However, lesions in the juxtacortical U-fibers are HIGHLY likely to be MS lesions.  This means lesions there are more likely to indicate the patient has MS.

Now in the subcortical region you certainly CAN see inflammatory lesions from MS, but you can also see ischemic lesions - like from high blood pressure or migraines or other vascular disease.  It would be hard to tell thease apart from each other.  The same patient can have lesions from more than one cause, especially if they are a little older, like in their 40's.  What is your age?

So any person can have a mix of lesions.  But, since you have lesions in the subcortical U-Fibers which reach into or slightly across the boundary between the cortex and the white matter, it is VERY likely you have an inflammatory disorder like MS.

Does this help?  Quix
Yet Again Quix You Come Up With The Answers I Am Looking For Many Thanks For Responding.
BTW My Age Is 50, And I Will Keep Members Up To Date With My Progress Regarding Further Testing Etc.
All The Very Best.
Joe.