initial symptoms
Hi Everyone.  I guess I'm wondering what my level of worry should be at this point.  The main symptom I'm concerned about is when I sit at my desk at work and often when I'm walking or jogging, I'll get a tingling, numbness sensation in the tips of my feet.  The area is from the ball of both feet into all toes.  It comes and goes for approx 1 month now. My problem is I have suffered health anxiety in the past for many years for which I took Aropax (Ant-depressant) for.  I took this for well over 5 years and it worked well for me.  I weened off it a year ago and all seems fine I felt great then lately I have been feeling very very anxious about a few things and starting to notice anxiety/depression signs again, so I'm not sure if these tingly sensations are a sign a sing of early MS (which I have been slightly fixated on before) or if its more an anxiety related issue. My doctors give me the feeling that I'm uts and wasting their time my health anxiety so I dont want to go back there becasue all they do is fill presciptions for anti-depressants every time which I dont take.  Sorry for raving on its getting to point where I feel like I'm on a dangerous downhill slide....with the possibilty of now having MS!!!  I'm 37 female.  Should I just see the doctor?  Is tingly feet a common early sign of MS??  Thank-you in advance for reading my post.  
Hi there,

I would suggest that due to you already knowing that you have an issue with health anxiety (MS being a prior fixation) and that your currently starting to feel anxious/depression whilst no longer being medicated, it would have to be in your best interest to bring the possible connection to your dr's attention.

Heath Anxiety that has the time to build can be very complicated to treat, medication is often only one component in an individuals treatment plan so talking to your dr about all your issues with the medication side should open the door towards alternatives that might work better for you overall.

Any numbness or tingling from sitting is usually a perfectly normal  situation, its to do with a disruption in your circulation from the bent sitting position. MS doesn't typically produce situation specific bilateral numbness    or tingling, the answer could be as simple as your jogging/running shoes, a pinched nerve, disc issues etc. I'd suggest you look at changing a few things and if it still persists to get it checked out.

Cheers.........JJ    
Hello and thank-you for your reply.  I think the worst part of the health anxiety is just not being able to put things into perspective and always assuming the worst.  I think silly things like....I cant wait to be 50 beasue then at least my risk is lowered, but then I'll be worrying about something else by then.  Im an intelligent, successful woman with great friends and family and my own home, a good lifestyle but this is just all consuming.  I live in a small beach town in Queensland, Australia and the doctors here have no idea what to do with me except prescribe anti-depressants after they've laughed at me and pushed me out the door.  Anyway I'm just venting now, thanks again for your reply I'll take it on board.  In the odd moments I do grasp some perspective it does seem like I'm over-reacting again. Thanks again.