Multiple Sclerosis Community
internal vibration and buzzing???

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

internal vibration and buzzing???

Has anyone here experienced internal vibrations in hips and legs and weird little buzzing spots in hand and feet?  I can feel them but can't see them!!!  
MS Symptom?
Syn
I have the symptom you describe when I bend my neck forward.  It is more pronounced for me during and after exercise.  It is called Lhermitte's Sign (when activated by the bending of the neck), and caused by a lesion on the C-spine.  For me it can be either like a shock throughout my whole body down to my toes, or, buzzing in specific spots.  Lately it has been mostly in the front of my right thigh.  Always activated by bending my neck; it does not happen spontaneously.

Lhermitte's was the very first indicator of my MS.  I first experienced it in May 2006 for a few months, then it disappeared.  It came back just before Xmas.  

Does it happen when you bend your neck forward, or is it all the time?  

db1
Every blessed day of my life!

Penn
Hi Syndi,

I had buzzing in the right side of my face , left shin area , between my toes on right foot . I had it all the time ,it wasn't brought on by anything , like bending neck , just there .  the spot on my leg started small , about the size of a quarter and grew , over a months time, to most of my shin.This lasted for maybe six months and then all of it subsided for two months.    I now have other sensations in these areas .
Remember everyone is different. I am not dx.ed.

I do get a shudder like thingy in chest .

Jo
I have it in my hands from time to time. Nothing sets it off that I know of. It just happens and it drives me nuts!
Well, I havent noticed that it happens when I bend my head down.  It just comes and goes... Like one day it is there, the next it is gone.  I have had my shoulder blades tingle when I bend my head, but that happened for only one day then went away.   I do twitch every day !!! Freaky!!!!!
wow,
i just started that in my one leg.
it comes and goes.i have tremors on my
left side of my body every day. can't even hold a cup.
kitt
I've had several occasions where I actually checked my cell phone, only to find it never buzzed.  I've had buzzing, twitching, tingling, goose bumps (without the bumps).  None of these hurt, and they even amuse me at times.  The best description for most of my odd sensations . . . it feels like I've just let go of an electric fence.  

Sherry
Yes, unfortunately I buzz too!  I have had mine also since all my other syptoms (symptoms) started.  Mine are full body all the time but get worse when my other symptoms get worse.  

Sorry you have this too!  I have been learning to live with it but the first few months were hard, it felt like I could never relax because I was always vibrating.

Take care!
Kristin
i buzz too its just always there and i too am not diagnosed yet... they say "probable MS" whatever is "probable MS" havent figured that one out yet???
Yes definitely, I have quite a bit of buzzing. lol  Mine is different locations at different times.

Jazzy
What about numbess or vibrations in the lips.  I get that occasionally and vibrations in different parts of my body.
I GET THESE,KINDA MAKES YA FEEL THAT YA SWALLOWED A BEE HIVE.

I CAN GET THEM IN MY SPINE,ELBOWS,BUTT AND LEGS THEY CAN LAST FROM MINUTES TO DAYS.

MUCH DEPENDS ON LESION LOCATIONS.

MY LEGS I BELEIVE IS RELATED TO A ARACHNOIDITIS MORE THEN THE MS,OR A COMBINATION.

T
I also buzz and vibrate due to MS.  It's like my teeth are always chattering....the severity fluctuates throughout the day and from one day to the next.  It started one day after a vigorous workout.  I felt like I was being shocked.  It got better for a while and now I have it basically all the time.  I was only diagnosed in November, so I keep hoping it will go away.  Good luck and best wishes to all of you!!  
I was going to jump in her for the first post and remark that this topic comes up about every two months.  The internal vibrating, buzzing, electric shock, jelly-jiggling sensations.  Many neuro's seem puzzled by them.  But, last spring the Neuro Forum had one cvalled "I Feel Like I'm Vibrating" and they finally closed it to new comments after 99 posts all agree that they knew the feeling.  (I think the program won't go above 99 responses).

We have had this question here a couple times too.  from what I can tell this is a major, uncomfortable sensation in MS and maybe in other neuro diseases.  Yet, I have never seen it mentioned.  Interesting.

BTW - Mine is in my left thigh.  It feels like the jelly-legs you get when you workd out too hard.  I guess I'm going to have to slack of on my endurance reclining training.

Quix
I just posted yesterday about the same thing.  It feels like the buzzing sensation pulses.  (the buzzing reminds me of the feeling you get when placing your hand on a motor thats running)  I have had the buzzing on and off for the last 15 months.  It lasts for seconds or minutes at a time and comes and goes.  Hands and feet and knee the most.    I also get vibrating in the lips, presently when I change my facial expression to smile or talk, I get tingling / vibrating in right corner of mouth. (on and off for the last 3 days ) I've been to a neurologist , (that I am about to "fire" for addressing my problems by telling me I worry too much instead of testing for the problem) and have an appointment today to see someone new for another evaluation.  We will see if he is more helpful and listens better.  I just want a doctor to do his job and figure out whats going on instead dissmissing my abnormal sensations.  They are so distracting.
Take care and god bless,
mommy mel
Wow!  We are all vibrating, buzzing out there!  Thank you all for your posts.
I had a suspicion that MS did this, but I have not mentioned this to my neuro.  They dont give you time and I think they have me pegged as looney all ready...
I suppose I have so many questions about "does anyone else have this symptom".  New to this stuff, but let me tell you, I have learned so much from this forum!!!  It ROCKS!!!!  Thank you Quix for giving all of us your knowledge and time!  Hope you start to feel better.  I will post another thread about another symptom soon I am sure!  Haha
All have a very unvibrating day!
Syn
Just wanted you to know that I have the buzzing thing.  I've had it for the past week or so pretty much non-stop and it is my whole body.  Finally the other day I started tremoring and went to the doctor today.  Of course the tremoring was much less but buzzing continued.  The doctor takes about 2 seconds to race through an exam and then tells me that he feels I have psychological issues and need to see a psychiatrist.  Are you kidding me???!!!!!!!  You can't even imagine how mad I was but unfortunately just cried rather than speaking my mind.  I was so upset.  Here I am going to this idiot for help and all he can tell me is he thinks it's in my head!!  Unfortunately to get an appt. with a new neurologist I have to wait several month and I'll probably just end up with another high paid doctor who can't spare a minute to speak with me or even understand what I'm going through.  I can't even believe it.
I have had it.  It was the worst when I was recovering from my big exacerbation. Lasted a month or two.  Also it seemed worse when I was on Xanax.
I have never heard anyone mention the lip sensations you described.  It happens to me once in awhile.  Feels like my lips aren't there at times and other times like someone is holding a vibrator to them.  The feeling lasts about an hour, maybe less and thankfully doesn't happen all  the time.

challengecase
I also have this.  I have the buzzing feelings in my upper thigh and hip and right arm throught the day, which is worse in the evenings.

I also get a buzzing thing going on before an attack that originates in my neck, making it feeling like my whole body is riding a big-wheel down a hill.  Then, the tremors start up which can be seen in my neck/head, because my head is bobbling back and forth. My voice will also be shaky.  When the tremors start to not be seen and calm down, the buzzing feeling returns.  It then disappears when the attack is over.

So, for me, this is the feeling I get before I get tremors (which I will typically get during an attack with other symptoms/problems going on).

Deb
I vibrate too! And Deb I have the stupid vocal tremors too. I hate them the most!  My right foot/leg vibrates and it feels like there's a motor running in the floor. When I lift my feet off the floor it's better but it's still there.  I'm a limbolander though so go figure!  Aren't you glad to know it's a common symptom....!!!

cz
I have noticed today the hip vibration, its been going on for the least 30 minutes, its like having an electric shaver placed on my right hip and being turned on. Being an ex athlete, the weightroom, football, I was wondering if anyone else in sports has felt this? I'm in my mid-50's.
Hi Outdoor 338, Welcome to the MS forum here - I don't believe we have met yet.  You might want to start a new post on this topic because many people won't read these old threads and your question might be missed.

I hope that makes sense.  Anway, welcome again and I will look for your question!

be well,
Lulu
I've actually tried to find the buzz in all the research doc's i read, it doesn't seem to get a mention but there does seem to be a heck of a lot of MSers talking about this buzz feeling. I've been thinking it might fall under the heading of 'tremor' though tremor isn't fully explained either but most people would know what a tremor is because its visible. I've been leaning towards the buzz being an internal rappid form of tremor in the sensory systems (paresthesia), nothing to draw for that opinion, sorry.

I first asked my gp about this vibration (buzz) feeling i was experiencing 3 or 4 years ago, i feel it all over, my intire body vibrates, its invisible to anyone else. I use to check my heart rythm because i really thought my heart was tacikardic, it never was but i couldnt work out why i felt like my body was buzzing. I noticed it first when i had to get up for the loo in the middle of the night, half asleep and I was doing this bzzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzz i always expected my heart rythm to be running wild but i always had a normal beat. GP passed it off as 'stress' related, i dont know about you but i sure dont feel stressed when i'm still 1/2 asleep, i've not a care in the world then. I've not mentioned it again but i now feel it continually, day or night it just happens but is a destinctly different feeling from the never ending head to toe visible tremors that i'm still doing (think washing machine spin cycle) i can see those tremors but not feel it like the internal (i must of swallowed a vibrating thingymajig) buzz one.

I also get a buzz of sorts that happens anywhere, a shiver without the hair raising part, that lasts only seconds, just sensory tingles, it can be a spot on a limb or half my body and its again different from the tingly numbness i get on my extremities eg. fingers, nose. None of these things hurt like the Lhermitte's Sign which is a different feeling again, but i'm sure each could be thought of as buzzing but they are very different feelings for me. I could be just weird.

Cheers....JJ

I'm new to this site and really like it. I have the vibrating sensation 24/7 all over. Does anyone know how to stop it?
Wow, here we go again with old threads, new people, and they're all about stuff I have personally experienced, sometimes with a vengeance.

Supermum, I'm with you to a degree on the root cause, but I think there's a further distinction.  Tremors are probably something to do with motor nerves, which carry signals out from the brain to tell the muscles how to move.  In our case, they are telling the muscles to oscillate, when there's no need to oscillate.  I think I'm more like the agitation cycle of that washing machine, incidentally.  The buzzing, however, seems to be strictly a sensory nerve thing, for me.  Nothing moves at all, except when I turn to look at my right thigh to see if it's actually tightening and loosening that horrendously fast, or when I reach for my cell phone to see if it's actually vibrating.

Outdoor person, welcome to this great gang of people from around the world.  I believe you'll find us to be informed and caring, and quite diverse.  Though athletics was never a significant part of my experience, I sure have felt those vibrations.  Mine usually last less than five minutes, but they often come back in the same spot for days on end.  Not always, though.  The most proniounced episode I can recall was on the top/front of my left ankle, and I was about ready to remove my shoe and sock to see what was going on in there.  It lasted about a minute, I'd guess, and has never returned in the several months since.
I often have my cell phone on vibrate in meetings. One day I thought it was in my lap. It was in my bag. lol! SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL may be this is how Rock and Roll started.

Alex
Wow!  Never thought my post would come up
again!  Hehe
I still buzz, but have noticed that right after the buzzing
subsides, the area becomes numb. Hmmm :)
cyn
I am new here. I also have an almost constant feeling of a cell phone vibration. It started over 2 years ago in my abdomen, and now is also in my thighs. My family doctor just ignores it, and probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac. I can feel the buzzing sensation when I put my hand on my thigh. I don't think I have MS, but I do have numbness in my feet, and my voice is hoarse a lot. Has anyone considered the possibility of lyme disease- neuroborreliosis? The bacteria can get in the spinal fluid and affect the neurological system. I had Lyme disease 8 years ago, but was not adequately treated.

Ticked
yep, I have it as well, mine's mostly base of my spine, through pelvis and into my legs, sometimes very strong and sometimes I'm sure I can even hear it! I probably can't, just feels like it - only when I bend my head forward tho

Val
Im 19 and have had optic neuritis twice now, had difficulty walking due to spasms and have reflux but now ive got vibrations in my feet. it started only when i jerked them but now there vibrating constantly! well annoying!! just really nice to know im not the only person with this symptom if you get what i mean! this is a great sight!!
Yes, I experience this.  My head at times will feel as if it is buzzing or vibrating.  Also, my left heel of my foot has begun having this sensation just a few days ago.  It's not painful or even uncomfortable.  It's just strange that it happens.  I am dx'd w/MS.
hey all!!  My mum gets the vibrating /buzzing in her hands alot and down the back of her neck.  So..after reading all of these posts, am I right to assume that even doctors dont know of a reason why this happens?  How odd, its seems like a very prominant symptom that would have to be associated with something?? Wish a decent doctor would get on and read these posts...One of them has to know!
Thanks, reading your posts has made mum realise that its not something in her head, that she truelly should get checked out..but by who?
cheers!
I found this site by looking up my symptoms in google - buzzing in my left hip and upper thigh that comes in episodes. The last episode started on April 7 and lased through the first week in July. The more exercise I get, the worse it is. It's not constant, but comes and goes - about 20-30 times per minute. I had MRIs of my back and brain, and they all appear normal. I sometimes get buzzing in my upper lip, also on the left side. And in January, a bunch of floaters suddenly appeared in my left eye - and I see a flash of light when I turn my head quickly.
Right now, I am not experiencing that almost constant buzzing, I just feel vibrations when I lay down in bed at night. If I do a lot of housework, the vibrations get worse and I can feel my leg buzzing a bit. Also, when I'm in an episode, I feel like I have a club leg and have to drag it a bit. Plus, I catch myself limping. Does anybody have an idea what this is?
My left leg / foot buzzes constantly--began about 2 weeks ago. Have had trouble standing / walking since January. Use a cane when have to go for more than a block, stand more than 3-5 minutes. The pain in my left leg is worse than my right, and now this buzzing has begun. It's as if I'm leaning against a machine that's vibrating. Ugh. Am to a probable MSer. Best to all.
Ya...i have so much of that, sometimes i thinks it's my cell phone even when i am not wearing it....go figure
Hi Kathy and Lowchen,
welcome - I'm glad you found us.  This is a very old post, and many people will not read it to the end and see your questions.  Do us the favor and being a new question/comment to introduce yourself.  

Everyone here is very friendly and will be happy to help you out with your questions.

my best,
Lulu
I have not found anything anywhere on the internet that comes close to what I have been experiencing, but this may be the right track...I have these weird buzzing sounds, that wake me at night.  It seems like they are coming from my inner ear.  It sounds almost like a woodpecker but goes away really quickly.  Sometimes its loud, sometimes soft.  It only happens at night!  My husband keeps telling me I'm snoring, but I know that isn't it b/c at times when it happens and I'm awakened by it, while I'm laying there trying to go back to sleep it will happen again.  At first I was terrified it was my heart, so I went to a cardiologist.  Nothing.  Told my GP a million times and again, noone seems to have any clue.  It is beyond frustrating!  Anyone heard of this????
i buzz a lot too- it drives me nuts!!  or vibrate, we got alot of buzzing going on here!!!  lol!!! tick
Buzzing like a bee here! I get it in different areas, Lately it has been the bottom of my left foot.
Hi there~

First, I completely respect those of you suffering from MS, neurological, or any sort of cardio problem. I have not been diagnosed with anything medical (that is to say, my doctors have run all the tests to no avail) The thing is, I started vibrating in 1998, shortly after my daughter was born. Over the next few years, it would come and go, waking me up at night was the constant. Then, in the fall of 2006, it felt like I had swallowed my cell phone, and I became very scared that something was really wrong. Sometimes, it would go all day long. Other times, it would wake me out of a dead sleep. I would wake my husband, and he could actually feel the tremors if he put his hand on me.

I just want you to know, that it is my belief that we are literally waking up... like there is this universal alarm clock going off and we are feeling it. I realize its easy for me to say, not having a medical reason, but the truth is, I'm choosing to see it as a wake up, and doing my best not to be scared of it. Good luck to all, I knew I wasn't alone with this thing :)
I have these vibration feelings too. It's always when I lay down to go to sleep. I ask my husband if the bed is vibrating (because it can) and he always says "no". I feel it through my whole body. I do not notice it during the day. It drives me crazy not knowing what is causing it. My neurosurgeon told me it may be my inner ear (I know it's not). Another doctor told me she has no idea and has never heard of it. A nurse told me that it is my nerve endings tremoring...he had the most sensible explanation. But I wish I could have a correct diagnosis instead of just a guess.
Okay I have an answer to vibrations in the abdomen if you are a woman and going through menopause.  If you go on the hystersisters website they will tell you that your bladder will vibrate because of the lack of estrogen. I used search frantically for my cell phone thinking it was in my pocket on vibrate until they answered that question.

Next, today I left a class I was attending feeling ill and wondered if it was low sugar or flu.  When I got home and sat down I realized I was buzzing and it hasn't stopped yet! I thought a train was going by or the furnace was vibrating the house, but it's me. I still feel ill and I'm vibrating.  I haven't been diagnosed with anything and believe I am healthy for my age and weight, but wonder if carbon monoxide poisoning I received several years ago may have done something? I could not add and subtract for several months after the incident but that corrected itself eventually. This is driving me crazy it's so pronounced and anywhere I touch you can feel the vibration.  I did notice pain in my back and neck today so wonder if it could be related to a pinched nerve?  I'm not in pain now but have some cold spots.  There was one person who said something about waking up.  I wondered about that also; sort of like when your foot goes to sleep or something.  Anyway I'm glad I found this site and that I'm not the only.  Thanks.
   I am 78+.  I find there is long list of MS arround. This symptom drives you crazy due to mind distraction and funny sensation.  Not sure of any treatment.  I shall love to know if any?    Would PULSE ELECTRO MAGNETIC FIELD THERAPY HELP?
                      Thanks            GK KABRA
***@****
I'm so glad I'm not alone! I thought it was wierd feeling like i had a cell phone vibrating in my mid section and legs.. At times I thought my phone was on and it wasn't or thought it was because I put my laptop on my legs as it felt like electricity was flowing through me.......but them again I can hear my own heartbeat, so much it keeps me up at night like a loud clock ticking!  Ugh!
I started getting some kind of buzzing in some stomach areas as if I just leaned into a machine that is vibrating. I too thought it was my phone but it's not even on me. It's very weird!
GKKabra - High and welcome to the forum!  Are you diagnosed with MS?  Yes, the number of different kinds of symptoms we have in MS is absolutely staggering.  I hope you join us and tell us about yourself.

No, Please do NOT spend your money on electromagnetic therapy or machines.  they are a hoax with a long history (decades) of bilking people out of their money and raising false hope.

Here is a site that tells you all about their use by quacks and thieves.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/electro.html

Gunthierun - Hi and welocme to the forum?  Isn't it nice to know that you aren't crazy - at least, if you are there you have plenty of company?  Why don't you and GKKabra start a new post to tell us about yourselves and what brings you to our MS Forum?

Quix
I have the vibrating sensation  all over  everyday.
I have had this vibrating for 8 years, mostly in my hands and feet. I also have a fullness in my right ear at times that progresses to numbness around my face. I dont have MS.
This happens to me when I experience strong Christ centered worship and stays with me for weeks. I have always related it to worship because thats when it started.
I don't know why it happens, it is distracting but not uncomfortable.
I can experience deeper level of prayer when I feel it.
Many of the descriptions on this string-page are exactly how it feels. I have had many tests and Neuro and other and nothing has come up abnormal.
I just wanted to share my experience, and let you ponder on it.
I don't wish it to go away, I just keep asking God, what is this about?
Wish you well. God Bless.
My problems began in spring 1995 vibrating tingling pins needles left leg - thought isolated incident; month later, again, another month later, both legs; has slight burning -- static electricity sensation as it spreads. By spring 1996 began to affect whole body.  In chest area is accompanied by strong squeezing sensation.  Is accompanied by a partial numbness and decrease in strength and dexterity of limbs.  Iimp, drop stuff, walk like legs weigh a ton--sorta dragging them.  Doctor wanted me to take sleeping pills and depression meds.  Seemed to think I'm nuts or making it up; sad others have these problems but glad I'm not nuts.  Frequency varies. Ability to sleep and memory problems worse.  Unable to put weight on side of either hip lying down--sets off this peripheral neuropathy big time.   Was told likely bursitis.   I keep waiting for next batch of symptoms or worsening of ones I have.   Really appreciate finding this site.  lswd.
I'm not a doctor and any declarative statements I may make or have made are opinion, not advice.  I'm on this site to seek information.  I do hold some strong opinions and sometimes state them.  I never paid any attention to the differences in over the counter pain meds as regards inflammation and I left inflammation from an injury untreated for over a decade because of how NSAIDS affect my stomach.  I find that if I eat at least a soda cracker I can tolerate the NSAIDS better. Had I been more aware of the importance of treating inflammation, perhaps I would not need to have had a neurologist tell me that my untreated inflammation had spread and my that entire nervous system is now inflammed.  I'm trying to figure out if that inflammation over my entire nervous system is MS.  Had I taken Aleve  or similar meds instead of Tylenol or that catagory of meds, could I have avoided my current health problems?  
I now have growths or bumps or knots--not discolored-- looks like air bubbles under skin on my palm at base of my finger and have been told by an MD that this is a condition that will eventually result in that finger tightening up and closing into a clinched position and becoming unusable.  Is this a symptom of MS and/or does anyone know what this is called, if it isa problem of the muscles or nerves or both?   My sleep fragmentation makes me slow on the uptake and I didn't think to ask these questions of the MD and am not scheduled to see her for another six months (BP, etc.).  Any info will be appreciated.
My symptoms include an increasing weakness in my limbs--getting really serious in my legs.  I'm wondering if this is another symptom or it's just because I've been doing less because doing anything physical causes pain--arthritis and peripheral neuropathy (vibrating tingling pins needles squeezing in chest area and aches.  Also, increasingly, hot showers make me short of breath and it is also easier for me to gag/ 'choke' on stuff.  Are the memory problems just lack of sleep related?  I'm not claiming I was ever a mental giant, but I seem to be getting 'slower on the uptake'; is this part of MS, too?
Does anyone here get "goose bumps", and chills along with the vibrations?
I can get the chills in a Hot Tub!
hi, im new here. I have vibrations, sensations, buzzing and twitching all over my body coming 3 months now. It was strong at the beginning, and thank God, the vibrations are getting weaker now. I underwent electronic medication last month, and i feel better now despite having  very mild vibration & pulsation in my mid section, stomach, hip and thighs. My doctor said that most probably these are due to some sort hormone imbalance (for women only)  and nervous sensory system. Im taking my medication now and I hope the vibrations will just go away someday, God willing.
I  have the buzzing..vibrating too..sometimes I feel like my whole body is vibrating like I swallowed a cell phone on vibrate and others it is just in my feet . This has been going on for 3 years now.

I went to a ms specialist and he put me on gabapentin which seems to be helping..I am up to 600mg a day ..it has helped but I still have some vibrating so I dont know if he will up it at my next visit But it does seem to help.I also have other symptoms that point to ms,right now He is saying  probable ms

Do you have any other symptoms? Did you go to a neurologist? I hope you feel better soon  Linda
I buzz too! I constantly check to see if it's my cell phone. I finally stopped putting it in my back pocket.  Mine is usually from my waist down.  
hi weird enough but i also have the same, sometimes in my chest or legs and hips and yes it truly does feel like a cell vibration, it can be annoying, wonder how many others have this, we should start a poll
I am a 17 year old high school student who has been feeling this "vibrating" feeling in my right foot for the past few days. I do not know if this is related but a while before this started to occur I also had sharp back pains because I am involved in many sports. I am not sure if this is due to a sports rekated injury or something but currently I am in an off season so I do not know how that would be possible.   Please let me know if anyone finds out what is happening.  I feel like I am going crazy in school when I feel something vibrating!
One possibility:

"Magnesium deficiency symptoms involving the peripheral nervous system include numbness, tingling, and other abnormal sensations, such as zips, zaps and vibratory sensations."

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition
Michael Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.
(Online article)
i get the "bee buzz" on the bottom of my right foot some times.

the itchy tingly sensation that really drives me nuts is in my T-sec of my spine. it is deep. feel like you want to cut it out but obviously one can't. can be a bit discomfortable trying to sleep too.

i have ms lesions in my brain and c4 area.
I just had this vibrating sensation within the last two weeks. I hurt my ankle before having this sensation. I don't know if that injury has anything to do with the vibrating sensation. I felt it twice, both on my left thigh. I was riding my motorcycle with two cellphones on my jeans left pocket. I felt the vibration so strong that when I reached down to touch my phone, the phone vibrated. But when I pulled both phones out I didnt get any SMS or missed calls at all. I'm so confused. And then few days later I was sleeping when I felt the vibration on the same spot and that vibration woke me up. I thought it was my cellphone but it wasn't because the cellphone was on a table, nowhere near my left thigh. It gives me a light relieve to know that I'm not alone experiencing this. At first I thought I was hallucinating or something. But when that vibration woke me up, I knew my thigh DID vibrated. I haven't gone to see any doctor though. Maybe soon.

Hanz - Jakarta, Indonesia.
I have this too, all over an I don't know of anything setting it off. I also have numbness in my back, limbs and face. Is this ms? My vision is Also weird lately.
I have very similar symptoms
I started Lisinopril 3 months ago, after a month I started feeling this vibration in my body that is 24/7 especially when I lay down.  I stopped taking the Lisinopril 2 weeks ago because this is driving me crazy but yet I still feel it.  Has anybody had this after taking Lisinopril?
I'm 17 years old and when I bend my neck down I fell buzzing/vibrations going down my back, stomach and chest, and my thighs. This has been going on for 3 days now.. is this a for sure symptom of MS ?
It might be a symptom of MS, Hayley.  What you describe could be a manifestation of L'hermitte's Sign, an electric shock-like sensation which occurs with flexion of the neck.  A visit with a neurologist who specializes in MS might very well be in order, dear.  Check first, though - not all neurologists specialize in MS.  Please don't waste time with one who doesn't.
I woke up today because my entire right leg was buzzing and vibrating in pulses. I checked my cell phone..it was off, I checked my partners phone and nothing. I laid back down and the buzzing just kept pulsing. It was so strange.I walked down the steps to make coffee and kept feeling it as I stood in the kitchen, I was thrilled when I searchrd the issue and so many MS sufferers had felt the same. I now know its real and I am not crazy!!  Ty everyone!
Did u get it checked? i too have the cell phone type vibration in my right thigh
I get them in my hands and feet.
Hi My vibrations in  my right leg/foot kept me up again last night. they pulse but at uneven intervals.today they just kept on and at 2pm i realized I couldn't move my toes and i have ice cold chills in my leg and foot. the mobility returned to normal but i am still vibrating.its so strange!
ive recently had vibrations in my hand but my torso yesterday i felt a heat inside it was warm ive never felt it before.

i dont do any drugs. im healthy .  
the vibrations ive never felt them before uhttp://www.medhelp.org/posts/Multiple-Sclerosis/internal-vibration-and-buzzing/show/401494#ntil a few days ago.
Wow.. recently diagnosed and glad I am not crazy... this is about to drive me nuts.. I sneeze and I can feel the shock.. vibration.. whatever you wanna call it.
Its caused by scar tissue aggravating my nerves on my spine at C-5.  Yes I bend my head forward and my whole body goes into vibration mode.  So I try not to bend my head.  Started after an Exacerbation I had Nov 2011, has not quit and I do not believe it will but who knows???http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8352672
just curious, how many with the buzzing, use products with aspartame in them, like diet pop, gum, etc
I have vibrations over my entire body.  It started late December 2011 in just my left foot.  It went away so I thought nothing of it.  It came back in February of 2012.  This time in both feet and legs. With in a few weeks it had started in my hands and arms.  Now it is June 2012 and its none stop.
If there is a quick temp change from warm to cold.  It is like an electrical shock to my entire body.  I am a 46 year old male.  With no other health problems besides minor high blood presure.

I am to spooked to talk to my doctor about it.  
I Just found this blog!! I have been buzzing for about a year now. I have been to my GP about 5 times, but all was offered to me is antidepressants..... I started to believe that i am CRAZY, but today i came home from school (i am full time student) and just googled Buzzing of the body ... What a surprise!! Maybe i am not crazy after all! Please, keep posting updates, i can not take it, it takes over my life- i am deadly tired, can not sleep, have brain fog and starting to think what my children names are!
Jon was your exasperation from COPD??    also have all over vibrations, have COPD and on xanax.  I wondered first thing if I am toxic on a med?  Neuro put me on an anti seizuire med and its driving my breathing crazy!!!!
I have had the vibrations/buzzing on my left side non-stop.  Mine are def the result of ms, they came with a bad relapse in 2011.  I think you can get them from certain drugs too...
They did the exact same thing to me. The idiot neurologist said psychiatrist only after he couldn't decide what it might be.
If you read Amy Tam and her Lyme disease accounts, she too feels like she is buzzing. I know it is BACTERIA, bacteria that cause infections and probably autoimmune problems. These guys reside in your gut mostly from the information I've been collecting, but think in brain also, in my case.

So why would you vibrate? I'm guessing it's your body trying to keep your temp up to fight off the anaerobic (live w/o oxygen) bacteria. As some expressed, they keep you up at night because of the vibration. I just googled "body vibrating" and came on this sight.

Get a thermogram and see if you have gut inflammation (there is no allopathic test for it). Also, if you've got MS, look at Dr. Terry Wahls' site. She beat MS.
Found this with google! Scary that it's on an MS forum though, never considered that I might have that... I've been having short bouts of buzzing in my hands and upper thighs mostly for a while now, short and real enough for me to actually check if my phone was near that spot, but lately it's been increasing in frequency so I figured it was time to look it up. I'm a 22 yof and I'm not diagnosed with anything but ADHD and Raynaud's syndrome I suppose, but I really, really think I have hypothyroidism. I have at least 90% of all of the symptoms I've ever seen listed for the disease, and every time I get to looking up a symptom or group of symptoms I get diseases (chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, narcolepsy, anemia, etc) that all just seem to be related to hypothyroidism somehow or commonly confused with hypothyroidism, but I've gotten 2 blood tests showing up negative and my doc refuses to consider it anymore.

Has anyone here ever considered that they might have hypothyroidism? A few of the posts above certainly sounded like they might!
The inner wave like sensation was a feeling like waves of the ocean but when laying in bed. Being a group, 3 noticed it at the same time, and we contributed it to mold. And mold was there. When removed the waves went away. If you experienced mold, a physical inner cleansing, strengthening program and healthy diet may help get back to normal. However, a jerk can also occur with returning back to the body after astral travelling. I am surprised that in this discussion not more consider a more spiritual cause, which also includes tingling, ringing of the ears, and jerking of the body, etc.
Buzzing and vibrations physical changes are often the case when meditating. If you are too hypersensitive, you may want to consider more regularity in your life, strengthening exercise, ...
I have buzzing in my right hip, not my cell phone,but close as feelings go. It on for 1 second then off for 1 second,lasts for hours, sometimes days, until I found something that makes it go away,at least until I have an new attack.  Just a little bite of some super-hot pepper.Like ghost peppers.   It really works for me. Not a cure, but stops it for a few days!       Papawky