internal vibration and buzzing???
Has anyone here experienced internal vibrations in hips and legs and weird little buzzing spots in hand and feet?  I can feel them but can't see them!!!  
MS Symptom?
Syn
Hi there~

First, I completely respect those of you suffering from MS, neurological, or any sort of cardio problem. I have not been diagnosed with anything medical (that is to say, my doctors have run all the tests to no avail) The thing is, I started vibrating in 1998, shortly after my daughter was born. Over the next few years, it would come and go, waking me up at night was the constant. Then, in the fall of 2006, it felt like I had swallowed my cell phone, and I became very scared that something was really wrong. Sometimes, it would go all day long. Other times, it would wake me out of a dead sleep. I would wake my husband, and he could actually feel the tremors if he put his hand on me.

I just want you to know, that it is my belief that we are literally waking up... like there is this universal alarm clock going off and we are feeling it. I realize its easy for me to say, not having a medical reason, but the truth is, I'm choosing to see it as a wake up, and doing my best not to be scared of it. Good luck to all, I knew I wasn't alone with this thing :)
I have these vibration feelings too. It's always when I lay down to go to sleep. I ask my husband if the bed is vibrating (because it can) and he always says "no". I feel it through my whole body. I do not notice it during the day. It drives me crazy not knowing what is causing it. My neurosurgeon told me it may be my inner ear (I know it's not). Another doctor told me she has no idea and has never heard of it. A nurse told me that it is my nerve endings tremoring...he had the most sensible explanation. But I wish I could have a correct diagnosis instead of just a guess.
Okay I have an answer to vibrations in the abdomen if you are a woman and going through menopause.  If you go on the hystersisters website they will tell you that your bladder will vibrate because of the lack of estrogen. I used search frantically for my cell phone thinking it was in my pocket on vibrate until they answered that question.

Next, today I left a class I was attending feeling ill and wondered if it was low sugar or flu.  When I got home and sat down I realized I was buzzing and it hasn't stopped yet! I thought a train was going by or the furnace was vibrating the house, but it's me. I still feel ill and I'm vibrating.  I haven't been diagnosed with anything and believe I am healthy for my age and weight, but wonder if carbon monoxide poisoning I received several years ago may have done something? I could not add and subtract for several months after the incident but that corrected itself eventually. This is driving me crazy it's so pronounced and anywhere I touch you can feel the vibration.  I did notice pain in my back and neck today so wonder if it could be related to a pinched nerve?  I'm not in pain now but have some cold spots.  There was one person who said something about waking up.  I wondered about that also; sort of like when your foot goes to sleep or something.  Anyway I'm glad I found this site and that I'm not the only.  Thanks.
   I am 78+.  I find there is long list of MS arround. This symptom drives you crazy due to mind distraction and funny sensation.  Not sure of any treatment.  I shall love to know if any?    Would PULSE ELECTRO MAGNETIC FIELD THERAPY HELP?
                      Thanks            GK KABRA
***@****
I'm so glad I'm not alone! I thought it was wierd feeling like i had a cell phone vibrating in my mid section and legs.. At times I thought my phone was on and it wasn't or thought it was because I put my laptop on my legs as it felt like electricity was flowing through me.......but them again I can hear my own heartbeat, so much it keeps me up at night like a loud clock ticking!  Ugh!
I started getting some kind of buzzing in some stomach areas as if I just leaned into a machine that is vibrating. I too thought it was my phone but it's not even on me. It's very weird!
GKKabra - High and welcome to the forum!  Are you diagnosed with MS?  Yes, the number of different kinds of symptoms we have in MS is absolutely staggering.  I hope you join us and tell us about yourself.

No, Please do NOT spend your money on electromagnetic therapy or machines.  they are a hoax with a long history (decades) of bilking people out of their money and raising false hope.

Here is a site that tells you all about their use by quacks and thieves.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/electro.html

Gunthierun - Hi and welocme to the forum?  Isn't it nice to know that you aren't crazy - at least, if you are there you have plenty of company?  Why don't you and GKKabra start a new post to tell us about yourselves and what brings you to our MS Forum?

Quix
I have the vibrating sensation  all over  everyday.
I have had this vibrating for 8 years, mostly in my hands and feet. I also have a fullness in my right ear at times that progresses to numbness around my face. I dont have MS.
This happens to me when I experience strong Christ centered worship and stays with me for weeks. I have always related it to worship because thats when it started.
I don't know why it happens, it is distracting but not uncomfortable.
I can experience deeper level of prayer when I feel it.
Many of the descriptions on this string-page are exactly how it feels. I have had many tests and Neuro and other and nothing has come up abnormal.
I just wanted to share my experience, and let you ponder on it.
I don't wish it to go away, I just keep asking God, what is this about?
Wish you well. God Bless.
My problems began in spring 1995 vibrating tingling pins needles left leg - thought isolated incident; month later, again, another month later, both legs; has slight burning -- static electricity sensation as it spreads. By spring 1996 began to affect whole body.  In chest area is accompanied by strong squeezing sensation.  Is accompanied by a partial numbness and decrease in strength and dexterity of limbs.  Iimp, drop stuff, walk like legs weigh a ton--sorta dragging them.  Doctor wanted me to take sleeping pills and depression meds.  Seemed to think I'm nuts or making it up; sad others have these problems but glad I'm not nuts.  Frequency varies. Ability to sleep and memory problems worse.  Unable to put weight on side of either hip lying down--sets off this peripheral neuropathy big time.   Was told likely bursitis.   I keep waiting for next batch of symptoms or worsening of ones I have.   Really appreciate finding this site.  lswd.
I'm not a doctor and any declarative statements I may make or have made are opinion, not advice.  I'm on this site to seek information.  I do hold some strong opinions and sometimes state them.  I never paid any attention to the differences in over the counter pain meds as regards inflammation and I left inflammation from an injury untreated for over a decade because of how NSAIDS affect my stomach.  I find that if I eat at least a soda cracker I can tolerate the NSAIDS better. Had I been more aware of the importance of treating inflammation, perhaps I would not need to have had a neurologist tell me that my untreated inflammation had spread and my that entire nervous system is now inflammed.  I'm trying to figure out if that inflammation over my entire nervous system is MS.  Had I taken Aleve  or similar meds instead of Tylenol or that catagory of meds, could I have avoided my current health problems?  
I now have growths or bumps or knots--not discolored-- looks like air bubbles under skin on my palm at base of my finger and have been told by an MD that this is a condition that will eventually result in that finger tightening up and closing into a clinched position and becoming unusable.  Is this a symptom of MS and/or does anyone know what this is called, if it isa problem of the muscles or nerves or both?   My sleep fragmentation makes me slow on the uptake and I didn't think to ask these questions of the MD and am not scheduled to see her for another six months (BP, etc.).  Any info will be appreciated.
My symptoms include an increasing weakness in my limbs--getting really serious in my legs.  I'm wondering if this is another symptom or it's just because I've been doing less because doing anything physical causes pain--arthritis and peripheral neuropathy (vibrating tingling pins needles squeezing in chest area and aches.  Also, increasingly, hot showers make me short of breath and it is also easier for me to gag/ 'choke' on stuff.  Are the memory problems just lack of sleep related?  I'm not claiming I was ever a mental giant, but I seem to be getting 'slower on the uptake'; is this part of MS, too?
Does anyone here get "goose bumps", and chills along with the vibrations?
I can get the chills in a Hot Tub!
hi, im new here. I have vibrations, sensations, buzzing and twitching all over my body coming 3 months now. It was strong at the beginning, and thank God, the vibrations are getting weaker now. I underwent electronic medication last month, and i feel better now despite having  very mild vibration & pulsation in my mid section, stomach, hip and thighs. My doctor said that most probably these are due to some sort hormone imbalance (for women only)  and nervous sensory system. Im taking my medication now and I hope the vibrations will just go away someday, God willing.
I  have the buzzing..vibrating too..sometimes I feel like my whole body is vibrating like I swallowed a cell phone on vibrate and others it is just in my feet . This has been going on for 3 years now.

I went to a ms specialist and he put me on gabapentin which seems to be helping..I am up to 600mg a day ..it has helped but I still have some vibrating so I dont know if he will up it at my next visit But it does seem to help.I also have other symptoms that point to ms,right now He is saying  probable ms

Do you have any other symptoms? Did you go to a neurologist? I hope you feel better soon  Linda
I buzz too! I constantly check to see if it's my cell phone. I finally stopped putting it in my back pocket.  Mine is usually from my waist down.  
hi weird enough but i also have the same, sometimes in my chest or legs and hips and yes it truly does feel like a cell vibration, it can be annoying, wonder how many others have this, we should start a poll
I am a 17 year old high school student who has been feeling this "vibrating" feeling in my right foot for the past few days. I do not know if this is related but a while before this started to occur I also had sharp back pains because I am involved in many sports. I am not sure if this is due to a sports rekated injury or something but currently I am in an off season so I do not know how that would be possible.   Please let me know if anyone finds out what is happening.  I feel like I am going crazy in school when I feel something vibrating!
One possibility:

"Magnesium deficiency symptoms involving the peripheral nervous system include numbness, tingling, and other abnormal sensations, such as zips, zaps and vibratory sensations."

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition
Michael Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.
(Online article)
i get the "bee buzz" on the bottom of my right foot some times.

the itchy tingly sensation that really drives me nuts is in my T-sec of my spine. it is deep. feel like you want to cut it out but obviously one can't. can be a bit discomfortable trying to sleep too.

i have ms lesions in my brain and c4 area.
I just had this vibrating sensation within the last two weeks. I hurt my ankle before having this sensation. I don't know if that injury has anything to do with the vibrating sensation. I felt it twice, both on my left thigh. I was riding my motorcycle with two cellphones on my jeans left pocket. I felt the vibration so strong that when I reached down to touch my phone, the phone vibrated. But when I pulled both phones out I didnt get any SMS or missed calls at all. I'm so confused. And then few days later I was sleeping when I felt the vibration on the same spot and that vibration woke me up. I thought it was my cellphone but it wasn't because the cellphone was on a table, nowhere near my left thigh. It gives me a light relieve to know that I'm not alone experiencing this. At first I thought I was hallucinating or something. But when that vibration woke me up, I knew my thigh DID vibrated. I haven't gone to see any doctor though. Maybe soon.

Hanz - Jakarta, Indonesia.
I have this too, all over an I don't know of anything setting it off. I also have numbness in my back, limbs and face. Is this ms? My vision is Also weird lately.
I have very similar symptoms
I started Lisinopril 3 months ago, after a month I started feeling this vibration in my body that is 24/7 especially when I lay down.  I stopped taking the Lisinopril 2 weeks ago because this is driving me crazy but yet I still feel it.  Has anybody had this after taking Lisinopril?
I'm 17 years old and when I bend my neck down I fell buzzing/vibrations going down my back, stomach and chest, and my thighs. This has been going on for 3 days now.. is this a for sure symptom of MS ?
It might be a symptom of MS, Hayley.  What you describe could be a manifestation of L'hermitte's Sign, an electric shock-like sensation which occurs with flexion of the neck.  A visit with a neurologist who specializes in MS might very well be in order, dear.  Check first, though - not all neurologists specialize in MS.  Please don't waste time with one who doesn't.
I woke up today because my entire right leg was buzzing and vibrating in pulses. I checked my cell phone..it was off, I checked my partners phone and nothing. I laid back down and the buzzing just kept pulsing. It was so strange.I walked down the steps to make coffee and kept feeling it as I stood in the kitchen, I was thrilled when I searchrd the issue and so many MS sufferers had felt the same. I now know its real and I am not crazy!!  Ty everyone!
Did u get it checked? i too have the cell phone type vibration in my right thigh
I get them in my hands and feet.
Hi My vibrations in  my right leg/foot kept me up again last night. they pulse but at uneven intervals.today they just kept on and at 2pm i realized I couldn't move my toes and i have ice cold chills in my leg and foot. the mobility returned to normal but i am still vibrating.its so strange!
ive recently had vibrations in my hand but my torso yesterday i felt a heat inside it was warm ive never felt it before.

i dont do any drugs. im healthy .  
the vibrations ive never felt them before uhttp://www.medhelp.org/posts/Multiple-Sclerosis/internal-vibration-and-buzzing/show/401494#ntil a few days ago.
Wow.. recently diagnosed and glad I am not crazy... this is about to drive me nuts.. I sneeze and I can feel the shock.. vibration.. whatever you wanna call it.
Its caused by scar tissue aggravating my nerves on my spine at C-5.  Yes I bend my head forward and my whole body goes into vibration mode.  So I try not to bend my head.  Started after an Exacerbation I had Nov 2011, has not quit and I do not believe it will but who knows???http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8352672
just curious, how many with the buzzing, use products with aspartame in them, like diet pop, gum, etc
I have vibrations over my entire body.  It started late December 2011 in just my left foot.  It went away so I thought nothing of it.  It came back in February of 2012.  This time in both feet and legs. With in a few weeks it had started in my hands and arms.  Now it is June 2012 and its none stop.
If there is a quick temp change from warm to cold.  It is like an electrical shock to my entire body.  I am a 46 year old male.  With no other health problems besides minor high blood presure.

I am to spooked to talk to my doctor about it.  
I Just found this blog!! I have been buzzing for about a year now. I have been to my GP about 5 times, but all was offered to me is antidepressants..... I started to believe that i am CRAZY, but today i came home from school (i am full time student) and just googled Buzzing of the body ... What a surprise!! Maybe i am not crazy after all! Please, keep posting updates, i can not take it, it takes over my life- i am deadly tired, can not sleep, have brain fog and starting to think what my children names are!
Jon was your exasperation from COPD??    also have all over vibrations, have COPD and on xanax.  I wondered first thing if I am toxic on a med?  Neuro put me on an anti seizuire med and its driving my breathing crazy!!!!
I have had the vibrations/buzzing on my left side non-stop.  Mine are def the result of ms, they came with a bad relapse in 2011.  I think you can get them from certain drugs too...
They did the exact same thing to me. The idiot neurologist said psychiatrist only after he couldn't decide what it might be.
If you read Amy Tam and her Lyme disease accounts, she too feels like she is buzzing. I know it is BACTERIA, bacteria that cause infections and probably autoimmune problems. These guys reside in your gut mostly from the information I've been collecting, but think in brain also, in my case.

So why would you vibrate? I'm guessing it's your body trying to keep your temp up to fight off the anaerobic (live w/o oxygen) bacteria. As some expressed, they keep you up at night because of the vibration. I just googled "body vibrating" and came on this sight.

Get a thermogram and see if you have gut inflammation (there is no allopathic test for it). Also, if you've got MS, look at Dr. Terry Wahls' site. She beat MS.
Found this with google! Scary that it's on an MS forum though, never considered that I might have that... I've been having short bouts of buzzing in my hands and upper thighs mostly for a while now, short and real enough for me to actually check if my phone was near that spot, but lately it's been increasing in frequency so I figured it was time to look it up. I'm a 22 yof and I'm not diagnosed with anything but ADHD and Raynaud's syndrome I suppose, but I really, really think I have hypothyroidism. I have at least 90% of all of the symptoms I've ever seen listed for the disease, and every time I get to looking up a symptom or group of symptoms I get diseases (chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, narcolepsy, anemia, etc) that all just seem to be related to hypothyroidism somehow or commonly confused with hypothyroidism, but I've gotten 2 blood tests showing up negative and my doc refuses to consider it anymore.

Has anyone here ever considered that they might have hypothyroidism? A few of the posts above certainly sounded like they might!
The inner wave like sensation was a feeling like waves of the ocean but when laying in bed. Being a group, 3 noticed it at the same time, and we contributed it to mold. And mold was there. When removed the waves went away. If you experienced mold, a physical inner cleansing, strengthening program and healthy diet may help get back to normal. However, a jerk can also occur with returning back to the body after astral travelling. I am surprised that in this discussion not more consider a more spiritual cause, which also includes tingling, ringing of the ears, and jerking of the body, etc.
Buzzing and vibrations physical changes are often the case when meditating. If you are too hypersensitive, you may want to consider more regularity in your life, strengthening exercise, ...
I have buzzing in my right hip, not my cell phone,but close as feelings go. It on for 1 second then off for 1 second,lasts for hours, sometimes days, until I found something that makes it go away,at least until I have an new attack.  Just a little bite of some super-hot pepper.Like ghost peppers.   It really works for me. Not a cure, but stops it for a few days!       Papawky
I'm 44, ex football player who spent years in the weight room.  I would periodically get these buzz/electric shock feeling in the top of my head.  Some times when I talked loud or would sing a song, that would trigger the sensation as well.  Well about September of last year. I started getting this same sensation at the top of my shoulders and down my arms.  It feels like I have the chills but I really don't have the chills and nor am I cold. does anyone else have this sensation.  I am so afraid of going to the doctor.  Over the past year things have gotten worse and I just deal with it.  Now I'm having feeling of vertigo or feeling like I'm about to lose my balance quit explosive moments really throw me off. I'm constantly feeling like I'm tripping, whether that be when I go up steps and step over a seam of a door it like my foot is always getting caught on something, or if I walk by something its like I bump into it automatically.  I need some help badly.
I went through Lhermitte's Sign when bending the neck with buzzing from the waist down. To me the buzzing seemed to be like an amplifier to any bump in my chair or if I were to thump my hip I felt like a hollow bell.  Interesting enough, I play loud music at work and as the music beats would go into my ears I would feel the exact same vibrations coming from my feet, legs and where I was sitting.  Pretty wild and scary at the same time.
It is the brain interpreting the nerve signal wrong. You can live with it if it is bothersome get on a drug to interrupt the signal like Gabenpentin. Every drug has a risk/benefit ratio to decide if it is for you.

Alex
I get the vibration or buzzing as some are calling it, haha, and I too get it when I bend my head forward.  I'm on Gabapentin and gradually getting to the higher dose.  Hopefully it will become less as I get there.  Being it's happening to lower back, legs and feet that's all I can do is think of music as I walk and buzz along wherever I go. Hahaha. Got to be slow music though as not very good walking at moment either.  Haha.  
T
T
I have these symptoms also, for about a week now.  I see a lot of similar symptoms here and no answers.  Headed to my chiropractor.  He fixes everything!