is ischemic microvascular brain disease related to ms?
hi,
i don't know if i have ms, but a letter my dr. wrote to my insurance stating medical necessity for a test said i have ischemic microvascular brain disease and t2 foci.  is this possibly related to ms?  any help is appreciated.  i have trouble with my balance, gait, dizziness, falling, swallowing, little sense of smell or taste, tingling feet and hands, electrical shocks in my feet, memory, language and sometimes understanding language.  thank you anyone for the help.
Hi JS,
Ischemic microvascular brain disease (causes small foci on the brain) is not really related to MS - but MS is often mislabeled ischemic disease.

The symptoms you describe could certainly be from MS, but could also come from a number of other disease processes.  

Do you know what test your doctor has requested authorization for from your insurance?  

One thing we would all advise is you should get a copy of your MRI films and the radiology report for your records. That is very important as you continue to look for answers to your problems.

be well, Lulu
thank you for your response.  i'm waiting on insurance for a neuropsych exam.  i guess it's an 8 hour test and will show the dr. how my brain is functioning.  then he wants to do a spinal tap.  waiting to know what is wrong with me and wanting to get better and not knowing what to do to make myself better (or if that is possible) is difficult.  the dr. doesn't want to give me any meds because they will mask my symptoms.  i'm taking pt. to make myself stronger and i'm not falling as often.  i just keep saying it could be worse.  i just don't know what to do.  anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my note and the advise.
janice