Multiple Sclerosis Community
jerking leg shaking hand?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

jerking leg shaking hand?

Just wondering if anyone has this happen or might know what it is.  I have leg weakness and now some in my arms a little.  I noticed when in PT that trying to lift my left leg seems to make my right hand shake. I do have some tremor in right hand when reaching but not when it's at my side , normally.

PT said something neurological muscular is going on.  I know my neurologist doesn't think it is MS because clear LP. she was concerned it was ALS until Eng/ ncs came out abnormal but no lower motor neuron problems. I hope if I ever get to Vanderbilt for 2nd opinion they find out something. Funny thing to wish for I guess but slowly getting worse and no answers is hard are times to just live in this moment.

Also left leg jerks when standing sometimes. More often. Also when laying down if I stretch it out. Anyway, was wondering if others have this problem and if there is anything that helps.

Thanks for listening and any thought
Raz
I get the jerking of my right leg when standing, but so far only when in the shower. This is due to my MS.

The only thing I can think of regarding the hand shaking when exercising your leg is that you might be using the hand as a counter balance during the exercise. This could account for the tremors in the hand in the same manor as when reaching.

I also get tremors in both hands due to my MS. My Neuro just started me on Gabapentin and baclofen and I have noticed that my hand tremors have stopped. I'm not sure which medicine is the one that is providing the result though.

Dennis

My whole left side shakes when I lift my left leg. I think it's a balance thing, like my arm and shoulder have to compensate when I have to focus so hard on staying upright.

But then my arm/hand on that side tremor most of the time anyway. It's just more pronounced when I try to do something my body has trouble doing these days. Like a full body intention tremor, LOL.

Best of luck to you -- I'm looking for dx still too.
I'm on gabapentin and flexeril.  I just thought it a strange cross over reaction.  Thank you both for sharing.