Multiple Sclerosis Community
jittery or shakey(shaky) feeling

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

jittery or shakey(shaky) feeling

I too have been having a jittery or shakey (shaky) feeling in my arms and legs. I have seen a neurologist and had an MRI of my brain and the docs have said they don't believe I have MS. But this feeling has been going on for about 10 weeks. Some days the feeling is manageble and other days I feel so out of it. My arms and legs have felt so heavy at times. I just don't know what else it could be. My doctor says I'm stressed out and prescribed me traquilers (which I refuse to take). I'm just lost as to where to go next for answers.

Dawn
Are the symptoms equal in both arms and legs and on both sides equally? Did the Neurologist want you to follow up? Did he do a basic Neurological exam of reflexes and such?

Alex
Yes, they are equal in both arms & lets. No, the Neurologist didn't say anything about following up again. And yes all he did was a basic Neurological exam (like refexes & such), nothing more than that.  I just don't know where else to go to get a diagnosis or even to rule things out.  Thanks for asking.

Dawn
Often when a condition cannot be diagnosed it is dismissed as being "all in your head." If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. Try another doctor, maybe a neurologist.
I have that and now have spms.  Go to a doctor outside your hospital group.  I dropped all my doctors at once because these systems are now connected to all doctors in one hospital system, and I would not have gotten a diagnosis without jumping that hospital ship.  Lahey was really terrible.
The problem you have is that your sx are symetrical which is not usually seen in MS, symetrical sx are actually a red flag away from MS. That doesn't mean that something else isn't possible, just that MS would be very low on the list of possibles.

For years my GP thought I had hypoglycemia, a drop in blood sugar causing the heavy limb, shakes and fatigue, I did actually believe it until i started walking like a string puppet  and stabbing my self in the face with my fork lol Anyway my point is that it could be something like hypoglycemia. It would be best if you havent already to get tests for the common conditions that these symetrical sx are usually associated too, eg hypoglycemia, diabetes, iron, b12 etc your general doctor should be the person you go to for further testing.

It is always better to listen to your body, if you strongly believe that stress is just a convenient dx and no way to be true, then be open with your GP about it and see if he/she can work out what else it could be. There is nothing to stop you looking at any life style changes you could make to improve your health overall, it wont hurt lol and it gives you something proactive to do whilst trying to find the cause.

Cheers...........JJ

hi  lol all my marbles!!  love it!1  well my arms both will shake untrollably at the same time, cant control it meds help alot,  id ask to see my mri-  and get a better dr-
  i have a good one-finnally!! it took me awhile,but they are out there