Multiple Sclerosis Community
left hand curls up

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

left hand curls up

Ok, this is starting to get strange (yeah what else is new).   I am right handed.  When my left hand is at "rest" and not needed for a task it has a tendency to go into a fist with the thumb under the fingers and the wrist curls inward to my body.  I have to make an effort to force the fingers out straight.  Sometimes I'll just try and exercise the fingers and stretch them straight.  The left hand muscles really feel like they are being stretched.  The right hand - not at all.  And after stretching my left hand/fingers it immediately wants to curl back up.  

Does any one else have something like this?  I wonder if this is MS related or just related to the bulging disk at C6.

I am not dx, but for the last few months I am having the same problem, but it is on both hands.  My problems are the little and ring fingers on both hands, they stay numb most of the time and curled in toward the palm of my hand.

Don't know why this has started, but have had a few new symptoms in the last couple of months, this being one of them.

Have a neuro appt in Nov, so maybe I will get some answers. Maybe you should mention this to your dr?  

Hope you can get some answers, too. Good luck.

Hugs
doni
I, like my buddy Doni, am undiagnosed and also had the same problem of my hands curling up as you describe during my last episode.

It would even wake me up at night because, with my pulsing sensations, my thumb would tickle my fingers.

Richard
OperaMBA
Hi, I am diagnosed, I had this in 2006 for about 3 months before i was actually diagnosed, i had to quit my job over it, because it was so emberrasing, mine would come and go and when my hands were doing it, i also couldn't walk or move till it passed, i didn't go to dr. about it then because it suddenly stopped, i think it really is ms, and i think when i am under stress, is when i have flareups like this.
I have 3 fingers on my right hand that have stayed curled up for 2 months.I have had 4 doctors tell me different things.They never uncurl.The last doctor said it is probably MS.
Hi Goodwinward- welcome to our message board.

This thread is nearly 5 years old and I don;t think any of the original posters are still active here. This may be the perfect opportunity for you to Post A Question. You can tell us alittle about yourself. It seems you may be in what we call Limboland, symptoms without diagnosis :-)

Kyle
Have your vitamin D level checked, you may be surprised!