Multiple Sclerosis Community
left leg tingling now, MS nurse not in today...

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Yesterday I posted about the weird new tingle in the left side of my chest that showed up with the new flare I've been experiencing for a couple weeks now.  My PCP agreed that is MS related.  I planned on calling the MS nurse at my neuro's office today after my PT appointment.

I woke up early and decided to read in bed for a while.  My left leg started tingling, from my bottom to my toes.  Not painful; more of a tickley rush. Hard to describe. It's milder now, though with some prickly feeling.

The weirdest thing is that I haven't had nerve pain or parasthesia on the left side before.  The nerve pain on my right side started years ago as a vibration on the right side of my waist.  Now I have to take Lyrica and Tegretol to keep that pain under control.

I'm trying to think of this new weird sensation on the left side as just that; weird MS "noise", but a small corner of my self is a little worried.  When I was hiking in January, my right foot got cold then numb then I had a hard time lifting my right leg.  Guess I'm concerned about progression.  

If the MS nurse doesn't return my call when she returns to the office tomorrrow I'll call her again. I figure that it's important to report new symptoms, right?

Ain't MS fun?  

I'll accept and adapt to whatever comes my way.  It's nice to have you all to come to and share my experiences and know that you'll understand that wee whisper of fear.

Thanks for reading this all.

Kathy
Hi, Kathy-

Long time, no see.  I am sorry you are experiencing new things with this flair.  I know every time I get new symptoms, I get s a red of progression, too.  

Hang in there,
Addi
I think that we all experience progression, even without relapse.  I also think that a relapse takes a little while to work itself up - a symptom here, a symptom there, and just like the frog in the pot of boiling water, you don't realize that you're in a relapse until you start to get better.

Maybe if you can get ahold of the neurologist, you can get scheduled for some IVSM.  That might make this flare a little shorter.
I finally got a call-back from my neuro's office. I was on the floor at CAT with a cat on my lap when the phone rang; luckily i had the phone in my pocket while I did my volunteer work today.

The nurse practitioner called and arranged everything today, even got it preapproved with my insurance to go to the facility where I've had my best spinal MRI ever.  I called the facility & they were able to fit me in tomorrow; the sooner the better.

I'll get a copy of the CD & report asap, & if my neuro's office sees anything new, I'll get a call about what to do next.  I'm I little nervous that I may have a cervical or thoracic lesion; none so far. Whatever.  

Now I have to decide if I should go to yoga tomorrow morning. My MRI's at 1pm, so I have time.  It could either relax me or make me sore while I'm lying still for at least 2 hours 15 minutes.  I can take a pain pill & some diazepam...

Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear you are in a flare. Jen may have been correct in asking about IVSM. As for a new lesion in the cervical or thoracic region, in my opinion, it doesn't matter in the long run. Either way they will treat the symptoms and after that's accomplished you will be back during your old routine.

I do wish you luck with the MRI. I always have to take something beforehand due to claustrophobia. I usually sleep through my MRIs.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Ren
oooo, I have those tingly ones too, start at my butt and work down to my toes, then go away after about half an hour.........

yesterday was having spasms behind my eye, felt like someone was "flicking" the muscles or nerves behind it, then it would go away after half an hour or so.......

Good luck, you seem to have better luck with neuros than some of us!

Sarah
Hi Kathy,
I have to take Ativan before I go into my MRI's too.  I take 1 first , then 15 minutes before the MRI I take anoather.  Then they kinda kick in about 5 minutes after the hammering begins.  

I don't like them either, but the Ativan helps for sure.   Good luck with it, I too get LOTS and lots of tingling, and numbness especially in bed, but sometimes anytime, and it comes and goes as a wave from my head to my toes.  

They don't call that a relapse for me, just a weird sensation that goes along with this ride.  

Good luck, and dtry not to worry, keep us posted,

*HUGS*
Candy
Hi, all,

I got my MRI report on Tuesday; no evidence of demyelinating disease!  Woo hoo!  Now I just wait & see what my neuro says.

I do have a fair amount degenerative disc disease changes, including a couple disc herniations.  Maybe something can be done to reduce some of my pain.

Yesterday I went in for a pelvic ultrasound ordered by my PCP.  I've had irregular spotting (can hardly call it a period) for many months, so we're checking for thinning of endometrial lining.  Too much doctor stuff!

I have physical therapy in an hour or so.  I'm glad the snow is holding off for a while; don't want to miss PT.  She's helping a lot, plus suggesting I try going gluten free, but that's another post, lol.

Kathy

I forgot to say thank you for all your nice & supportive comments.  Thank you.