medtronic pump removal
I'm thinking of just having my medtronic pump for baclofin just taken out and going on oral med instead.  Is there anybody out there who has done this?
Hi pop and welcome to the forum here at Medhelp.  I don't even remember anyone contemplating having their baclofen pump removed but one of our members wanted to have her medtronic morphine pump replaced because it was malfunctioning.

Is there a reason you want to go back to oral baclofen?  I have no idea how the two compare in efficiency to control the spasms.

Welcome again - I hope to see you around some more.

Lulu
Hi Im looking into having my morphine pump which also has a bit of baclofen in it removed.  Has anyone tried this?  My pump is causing me intestinal issues and its just not worth it anymore!!
Hi everest, as you can see there wasn't anyone who responded and could help with this question the first time around. We have on person, DJ, who had her morphine pump removed, but that was because the lines were crimped and no longer delivering the drug to her CNS.  She ran into a multitude of complications and was pretty sick from infections that set in from the surgery.

I do know the morphine delivery this way is much gentler on your system than taking it orally.  Same with the baclofen.

I'll see if I can get her to stop through here and answer your question directly.  She has not been active here in ages due to a variety of health complications.

good luck with this decision,
Lulu