Multiple Sclerosis Community
neuro-ophthalmologist vs. normal ophthalmologist
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

neuro-ophthalmologist vs. normal ophthalmologist

Since I've been having more visual symptoms (blurriness in the afternoon and evenings on hot days) my neuro is sending me to a neuro-ophthalmologist.  I went to an optomatrist in January for an exam after the first visual disturbance (double vision + blurriness).  My neuro sent me to an ophthalmologist that has some interest and experience in neuro-ophthalmology but is a normal ophthalmologist.  He did a very thorough exam and a lot of tests.  We found some mild loss of color vision in one eye and he did a visual field test that had some mild weird things but was within the normal range.

I'm wondering what to expect.  Will it be about the same as a normal ophthalmolagist visit but they just know more in terms of interpreting the situation?  I'm wondering what to expect.   Any insight?