neurological vs psychological question???
Hi wonderful people,

I've just had a very interesting discussion with the psychologist that specialises in gifted issues (she's helping my gifted little boy) who was the one i went to for my psych/mental health testing. The neuro-psychologist that tested me (on the neurologists referal) did call her for her opinion like he said he would, although he didn't get the answers he seemed to be looking for.

Its my gifted-psychologist opinion that he didn't want to accept that i was ever gifted let alone highly gifted like she told him I was, he seemed to be of the opinion that I couldn't be gifted because his test puts me in the average range. My lowest area being 'word retrieval' in the information section, sound familiar to anyone? My gifted-psychologist even told him she was very alarmed at me only testing as average and very alarmed at information not being one of my highest areas and she stressed her professional opinion of why she had every reason to believe in her assessment of my gifted status.

Though she doubts she convinced him because he then asked if i could be making it up. So she again gave him her profesional opinion into that idea, but he seemed to like "conversion disorder" as the answer to my problem, that is even though there is absolutely no evindence of this being true, twit! The neuro-psychologist did mention in his muse that it could be something vascular but all in all it sounds like he had expected everything i'd said to him to be a figment of my imagination and he didn't expect it to be actually true, twit!

My gifted-psychologist even studied conversion disorder vs neurological disorders during her sessions with her mentor (extended degree) and she told me that during their research they had come up with a figure of upto 50% of people diagnosed with conversion disorder do eventually get dx with a neurological condition. One of the things she was enphatic about was that i did not fit the diagnostic criteria for convertion disorder or any other psychological condition at all in her and her psychiatrist mentors opinion.

After all that even with all the coroberating evidence stating i have something real happening in my brain, this report may state he thinks its all psychological in nature, that is if he's not willing to be honest and tell the truth, which is, he doesnt know the answers to the questions. So what do I do now? I really really want to stop and get off the merry go round but i dont know how, i'm again being advised to seek medical assistance but really dont know what to do or when i should do it. I'm out of my last episode, no doubt it has left its mark but compaired to an episode i'm doing fantastic, chalk and cheese, should i wait until i'm in another episode and just turn up at the emergency department that has the best reputation MS unit? Or what?

Cheers........JJ
Hi there, I can't answer your question...it's one you have to make .. OK
take care
wobbly
dx