Multiple Sclerosis Community
new to forum and confused

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

new to forum and confused

I have not been dx with MS, but I am curious about it, I am just at a loss for whats going on with me.  These are my symptoms:

-off and on tingling down the back on my left leg to my foot
-muscle aches and tightness (not extreme spacticity, but tighter than normal)
-tingling in my arms off and on
-occassional dizziness
-low pulse and low blood pressure
-freezing cold hands and feet (and for the last 24 hours my right hand is ice and my left hand is normal?!)
-really fatigued all the time

does any of this sound familiar?  I would appreciate any suggestions you have!  hypothyroidism runs in my family, but I have had all that tested for and it is within normal limits.  I do have a really stressful life situation right now and am prone to anxiety, but I swear this cannot just be hypochondria.  the leg tingling just came out of no where one day, and then the rest has followed.  
Thanks so much!
Hey there,
Not sure what brought me to this site just now, I have been living with MS for over a year now, and just thought I would google Copaxone and here I am reading your post.  I had problems with blood clots before, and a year ago, I had a issue that every time I layed down my hands and feet would go numb, well them, one day my whole right side had no feeling in it for about 2 weeks I thought I was having a stroke. Then I had a doctor order a spinal tap and some mRi's and that is when they found that I had to lesions in my spine and one in my brain.  I have been on Copaxone for a year now, and my follow up MRI showed no signs that the disease had progressed.  The problem with asking people about MS is that it is a personal disease and no two people with it have exactly the same symptoms.  It truly depends on where the lesions are as to what it effects.  If you don't like what your doctor is telling you get a second opinion.. that's what I did. The sooner you find the problem the better.  Best wishes for you, I hope you get answers soon.
Hi and welcome to our little MS community,

For what its worth, I'm thinking your sx's could possibly be all connected to a problem with your circulation, low blood pressure would cover most of them but whats causing it needs to be investigated so i'd recommend seeing your dr about it (again?) and maybe it would be worth consider getting a referral to a vascular specialist whilst your there.

Cheers.........JJ

PS "holigig" welcome!
Hi Penny - I have MS and at times have experienced everything you list. I'm not sure whether or not that's comforting :-) It sounds like you are at the beginning of the diagnostic journey. Have you seen a doctor and or had tests run? If so, what tests?

Kyle
Have you had your thyroid checked? Some of your symptoms sound like my thyroid symptoms.

Alex
Thanks for your replies everyone.  Alex, I have had my thyroid checked because hypothyroidism runs in my family.  Last time I got it checked the numbers were fine.  My TSH was 2.9.  I know now a days a lot of docs consider over 3 hypothyroid though, so who knows.  I just got my blood drawn again today to check everything again, so we will see if its changed.  I have also heard adrenal fatigue, but as far as I know that doesn't cause tingling?  But I will be doing a test for that soon.  B12 deficiency would also cause tingling, but I have started supplementing and no change, and besides, I am not a vegetarian anyway, so its doubtful I am that low in B12.  I will consider a vascular specialist, any idea what tests they would run?  
I could be totally off base, we're in a heat wave here so my brain is basically the equivalent of mushie peas :o)

A few years ago now, I went to see a vascular specialist because 'vascular' was one of the possible explanations for my brain lesions etc. I couldn't tell you what they normally do, i've only seen one vascular specialist when I had my entire vascular system, from my neck to tippy toes and everything in between evaluated via ultra sound.

Arteries, veins, heart, blood flow, clots, narrowing etc simply looking for any abnormality that could explain anything that was going on with me but there was nothing, not even a varicose vein, just no structural problems, just nothing at all. Again i maybe totally off base, and it may not even be relivent to your circumstances, but from things that they were looking for and the reasoning behind it, that 'if' the problem was vascular they would typically find it with ultra sound sorry but i dont know anymore than that!

Cheers.........JJ