Multiple Sclerosis Community
new to forum

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

new to forum

Hi everyone,
I am just at my wits end with this. I will try to be as brief as possible.  I was diagnosed with labrynthitis in January.  I had severe vertigo and nystagmus. The ER diagnosed me without an exam of any sort. The next day I saw an ENT who ordered an MRI of the brain because my symptoms were so severe. The MRI was normal, I spent the next 3 weeks unable to walk unassisted. Although i am back to work, my symptoms persist and new ones have begun.  I am unsteady on my feet, I use a cane sometimes especially when im tired. the heat seems to drain me which makes my symptoms I have trouble thinking and concentrating. I can see what I want to say in my head but it wont come out. I have had the feeling of pins and needles in my right foot, so intense it felt like they were trying to poke through my skin, a cold spot on my left foot, tingling in my hands,  and intention tremors. Most of these symptoms come and go except the unsteadiness which is constant. I also feel shaky on the inside.  My neuro sent me for a mri of the C spine
which was negative except for major arthritis in my neck, but without impingement. The diagnosis for the MRI was
"probable MS" but no lesions were found. My gut says MS. What else can I do?
Unfortunately labrynthitis seems to be the 'go to' diagnosis for unexplained vertigo, nystagmus and tremors etc.  I've been there, done that one too.

Have you been referred to a Neurologist?  You definitely sound like you have something going on that needs to be investigated.

Best wishes

Poppy

Hi - Welcome to our group.

Clear MRI's are only a piece of the diagnostic puzzle. For an MS diagnosis, other tools include blood test to rule out MS mimics like Lyme disease, evoked potential and nerve conduction studies and lumbar punctures.

The process to diagnose any neurological condition can be long and frsutrating. There are often no "Ah Ha!" tests. HAve you asked your neuro what's next?

Kyle
My neuro said he doesn't know what's wrong with me lol!
That's the worst part knowing something is wrong but not being able to figure it out