numbness in hands and feet while sleeping
Hello all

I've recently been experiencing numbness in my hands and feet while sleeping. I often wake up with a completely numb foot or numb hands and have to "shake it off" to get them to return to normal. Initially I thought carpal tunnel or something mechanical in my arms, but then my left foot started going numb at night too, so now I have no idea.

I'm definitely not cutting off circulation, usually just lying on my back, side or front (it can happen in any position).

I'm not too concerned, given that I can 'shake it off' and it doesn't stay around after that, but I'm curious if anyone experiences something similar?

(full disclosure: I'm not diagnosed with MS but I'm getting an MRI at the end of the month due to symptoms such as allodynia [skin sensitivity], trigeminal neuralgia, other parasthesias and muscle twitches, fainting and heat-triggered symptoms [such as pain and heaviness in legs after a hot bath]. Very general symptoms basically).
I had this symptom from vitamin B12 deficiency due to autoimmune pernicious anaemia.  I had to shake my leg or arm for the longest time to get feeling back into it.  It would really make me freak out a bit sometimes at how numb it was.  Eventually my whole left arm went numb 24/7. Thankfully i have a lot of feeling back after a year of B12 treatment but it do have permanent nerve damage.
I wake with my right leg unable to move...period.  I have to push it off the bed with my left foot then position it with my hands on the floor in order to be able to stand.  After I am up for an hour or so some movement comes back..at least enough where I can position it without my hands in order to be able to stand up.

Also during a horrible flare last  year, I would wake unable to move ANY limbs.  It would take about fifteen minutes before I could get out of the recliner.  I was sleeping in it because my husband travels and happened to be out of town.  To think of using my bed would have been impossible.

So yes, it can be a sign of MS.
Given how quickly this dropped three pages I'm guessing that it's not very common with forum members!