Multiple Sclerosis Community
nuvigil after a heart attack

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

nuvigil after a heart attack

is it safe to take nuvigil after a minor heart attack?
Are you having some surgery?  Or did you have only a mild heart attack?  I was having some heart problems and ended up having a stent put in..I never stopped taking my nuvigil and wasn't told to do so.

meg

hi olly, despite what we might call it, there is no such thing as a MINOR heart attack.  It sounds like maybe you are in the same way as I was - little heart damage and fortunate to get medical attention quickly to prevent something larger happening.

I take modafinil (provigil generic) which is pretty close to nuvigil, with no problem and my cardiologist knows I am on this drug.  

They key is to talk to all of your docs and make sure they know and approve of the drugs you are taking.....
laura