Multiple Sclerosis Community
optic neuritis

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

optic neuritis

dr side I have a very mile form of ms, that's great. I now can't see out of my left eye. have ataxia, and I vibrate. I have Ben told I was bipolar. its all in your head? my daughter things I'm a hype, I don't think you can fake optic neuritis? and the heat kills me  I us to love getting I tan now I CANT. so now what ?
Welcome to the forum.

The limited symptoms you have posted may not be Optic Neuritis.  Really, the only way to tell is with a VEP and seeing a signal latency with a well preserved waveform in the effected eye.  Optic Neuritis rarely causes total loss of vision.  Have you had a VEP or MRI?

I have had optic Neuritis twice in my left eye and have both an abnormal VEP and decreased caliber of my right optic nerve on MRI.  I have never totally lost vision.  I have had ice pick pain for a few days, loss of visual acuity,  changes in color saturation perception, etc.

Bob
I have the samething. I don't know why I made it sound like I was blind in that eye? I also had it before in my right eye. and the pain is bad on eye movement, so don't move you eyes thats not that easey. I live alone and I have to do things.and thats a little scary to me. I don't realy know what to do this is taking way to long to get better. what is a VEP?       555.
VEP is a Visually Evoked Potentials test.  You stare at a red dot in the center of a computer screen as a checkerboard pattern flips back and forth.  You have electrodes in the back of your head and they measure the latency from your eye to the optic cortex of the brain.  It is very sensitive for detecting Optic Neuritis.

Bob
dr said I have no spots? my mri was pristine. but he wanted to talk to my eye dr. the didn't say that it wasn't ms. and when I as him about a demyelination. he just said he wanted to talk to the eye dr? so I going to do nothing and wait till something else go wrong?..what would you do.?