Multiple Sclerosis Community
optical neurosis?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

optical neurosis?

lately my vision has become very blurry and it hurts when I look to the left or out of my peripherals. I wanted to know is this just normal strain on the eyes that could cause this and how painful does it become if you truly do have optic neurosis. Thank you for all your help in advance
sorry i realized i made a spelling error I meant to say
Optic Neuritis not neurosis
The most obvious sign of optic neuritis is a perceived color change from the right to the left eye.  In other words, when you look at a bright color, it's different when you look at it with the right eye as opposed to the left eye.  My right eye tends to gray out colors when I'm having a flareup of ON, while my left sees everything VERY vividly.
Hi there! Well, when I was dx'd with optic neuritis, one night I had flashing white lights (this doesn't always happen, I was just lucky), and sharp pain in my one eye. After that, it hurt to turn my eye to the right or left and it was blurry in the peripheral regions... the blurriness eventually after a month took over my whole eye, and after a month or two cleared up.

Even after 5 months, I had more difficult seeing out of that eye, and red colors were dimmed or diluted when I looked at them throught that eye. Now, I don't have the eye pain any more, but when I had that spinal tap it did flare the O.N. up again.

I would suggest that you see your regular eye doc., as you can probably get in to him faster,  and he will be able to set up an appt. with an neuro-opthamologist or a neurologist through a referral faster than you calling and getting an appt. in a month or two. However, if you have a neurologist you can call in and leave a message with your symptoms as well. Eyes are precious. :)
~Sunnytoday~