Multiple Sclerosis Community
our little black bear didn't make it

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

our little black bear didn't make it

9060160?1367001093
Sadly, we lost our beloved 12 year old Standard Poodle yesterday after a brief, devastating illness.  Heart problems and fatally low blood counts which they think were caused by a bone marrow cancer.  Up until Sunday morning she was a happy, bouncy young 12 year old.  It has been a hellish week.  We tried all we could: blood transfusions, IV steroids, heart meds, all kind of tests.  Unfortunately whatever was attacking her body won the battle.  Yesterday afternoon she was fading right before our eyes.  Her imminent death was inevitable, and we opted to have her euthanized to spare her any further distress.  We both sat on the floor and held her in our arms until she was gone.  Her death came quickly and peacefully.  She was our baby. We are heartbroken.  
DV

So sorry for your loss - they truly are family members and when they are gone they are so missed.  Know that she is watching over you and in a better place!  

Tracy
DV- I'm very sorry to hear of your loss :-(

Kyle
Oh, I am so sorry!

It must have been so hard to see her suffer and then have to let her go. :(

Praying for comfort for you and your family.
I'm so sorry to hear this, DV. I can't imagine such an unforeseen loss. You were so brave to allow an end to her suffering. Thinking of you.
:'-(  so sad and sorry for your pain.
Aw she was a beautiful pup and I'm sure a great one too.  My sympathies go out to you.  That's one of the toughest things a pet owner has to do.  

Hugs are being sent your way......

Jeny
DV, I am so very sorry. May your fond memories of her never fade. Hugs, Jane
DV, So sorry for your loss.  As pet owners we know how are sweet animals are really part of the family.  Sounds like it was a difficult and brave decision, following a very emotional week.  My heart goes out to you.
Hugs,
Maureen
I'm very sorry for your loss DV.

Mike
I'm so sorry...  

Tammy
Sorry for your loss but you made the right decision as loving parents! I know your heart is broken but may memories of your beautifu girl sustain you through the coming weeks.

Sending many hugs,
Ren
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  :(

Standard poodles are great dogs. Yours was a very beautiful dog.
I'm so sorry to hear about your poodle...they are truly part of the family and so devastating to lose. Thinking of you!
I am so very sorry JJ.. !!   I know exactly how it feels, done it a few times, and YES it hurts, they are part of the family, and it is a grief that is real, and embrace it, you will feel better if you do.

But, know that you will see her again, dogs do go to heaven, so, that is always something that I remember, and it does help.

((HUGS)))
Candy
I'm sorry, I know exactly how you feel. It is like losing a family member. We call Dakota, "our daughter".  She was lucky to have you both in her life for 12yrs, yet 12 yrs seems so short. Sending you big hugs. :-(
Sorry for your loss.

Alex
DV

Tracy
I am heartbroken for you, and with you.

I understand, exactly how you feel. I lost my sweet Kia on February 28th, and I am so lost without her.

Like you beautiful baby, my little Kia was fine, unitl the day before she died in my hands.

They truly are our children.

I wish I knew the words to ease your pain. But, I don't think there are any such words.

(((Gentle Hugs)))
      Sheila
Thank you all for your condolences.  Your kind words and warm wishes mean a lot.  This has been very hard.  Tonight we picked up our girl's ashes.  That was tough.  We had another cry in the car.  Missing her so much right now.  This house is empty and lonely without her.  I know it'll get better in time.  When we lost her brother three years ago, it was very tough, and took a long time to get over, but at least we had our girl for comfort.  We've had at least one dog in our life for more than 13 years, and now that we don't, it feels so strange.  We will get another poodle, maybe two, probably before the end of the year, but not for a while.  Still have some grieving to do.  
You know, that I understand so well. Our house is the same, so empty & so lonely.

We have that in common-we lost our Sydney 2 years before we lost Kia. It was a horrible time. I crawled into bed for two months. But, like you, we still had our little Kia. And she was grieving, as well.

It's hard to accept that they are gone, when we have had them for so very long.

I'm glad to know that you will get another Poodle, and maybe two.....when you get through your grief.  I keep telling myself, we will get through it.

I'm keeping you in my prayers. Praying that in time, your grief will subside, and you will find comfort in your memories.

I'm not there yet, with Sydney. Still miss her so much. It will take time.

Hugs,
Sheila