ppms
   Hi, all.  Well, another year older, got spoiled yesterday, and the day before, meals out and such.  Birthday weekend coming to a close.  Sigh, I'll have to cook again, and eat ordinary food. hahaha

On a different note, an aquaintance of mine just discovered that he has primary progressive ms.  He only had mild issues, and only one lesion, apparently his is a slowly progressive form.  

I have often wondered if that is what I may have, due to the fact that they can't find anything, and that my course has been a slow one, with me never completely recovering from my initial attack.

Is ppms harder to spot than other types of ms?  If this is the case with me, will they, like for him, leave things til they are too far along to stop, or at least, slow things down? I have had symptoms back as far as 2002, mild, but enough to make me ask my neuro, who I was seeing for an idiopathic seizure disorder.  No lesions as of last years mri.

Geeeeez I wish they would just tell me whats up with my body and brain and stop the endless wondering.

On a happier note, I've just remembered I have leftover weinerschnitzel and dumpling from my birthday dinner last night, mmmmmmmmmmm.  Maybe I should have a wee nibble.  lol

Erica
         Erica               Happy B-Day !!!    

I think a nibble would be quite appropriate at this time .  Are you going to heat it up first or just do it cold ,    You can see I'm very interested .  It sounds sooo good .

Enjoy the rest of the week-end

Jo
Are you kidding?? Take the time to heat it up???? lol

Thank you, and guess what? I just found out I get ANOTHER bday meal today!!!!  

I'll have to bring the hostess some wine or something. mmmmmmmmm wine

Erica
Erica,

What's for dinner ? You have to bring the right wine ...     What is this,  Rena was out playing poker a couple nights ago and you're going out tonight  ..  ??  I thought you'd all be snowed in for the winter ,,  especially at night .  You ladies are very adventurous.  Slip sliding away..  Isn't that a song???   Hope we don't have to send the dog sleds out for you guys.

Well ,  have a wonderful end of B-day meal.

Jo

PS .. I guess I have these green eyes because I've got Chex for breakfast :(  

PPS   I'm listening to a little Elton John this a.m. ...  how sweet..   but will up it soon with some Pink Floyd
Hi and Happy Birthday!!!

From what I know about PPMS it is "atypical" MS.  There is less inflammation than in RRMS.  There are fewer smaller brain lesions.  You have a steady downward course of disability and do not have a pattern of relapses and recovery.  You do tend to have brain atrophy.

Also, more of the disease is in the spine.  Does your acquaintance have spine lesions?  The usual drugs (Avonex, Copaxone) do not work for PPMS because these drugs work by preventing relapses and in PPMS you do not have relapses.

Was this person offered any treatment?  has he thought about LDN if he was offered no drugs and is not on pain meds?

This is what I know about PPMS.  Hope it has helped.

Elaine
   To tell you the truth, I don't think he was ready to discuss what he had learned.  I think PPMS was the last thing he expected, as he has had such a mild time of things.  

Thanks for the info you gave me, though.  I wonder about myself, lots.  

Dinner was super, ham, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, and carrot cake.  Oh, and a bottle of wine. lol

I suppose I'll have to remember how to cook tomorrow, lol.

Thanks, too, for bday wishes!!!

Erica
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
SORRY FOR YOUR FRIEND.
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR
LEFT OVERS. UMMMMMM!  HE HE!
KITT
i did, lol thnx
Erica
Happy Birthday Erica...sounds like you had  perfectly lovely birthday and I am having ham and scalloped potatoes with brocolli & cauliflower with home made cheese sauce and you are more that welcome to come and have seconds!...although cjacks is right..you would probably have to come by dog sled and bring yer woolies cause it is durn cold up here!  tee hee
lol here, too.  mmmmmmmmmmmm brocolli and cauliflour
just bought an orange one at the store today.  Same taste, different look.  It was on sale, lol

Snow? we haven't had snow here like this since the seventies, am I dating myself?

Erica
If you two don't stop talking about food ..  I'll  just have to come up there and Hmmmmm    join you ... dog sled or not         Also give me a break, you ladies are just kids   ..    I remember when we had to walk five miles to school in ......

:))     JO
in shoes with no soles, in the freezing rain, w no lunch, etc, etc, etc....... lol lol
up hill both ways
Erica and Rena,

Thanks for the banter tonight ..  Its almost 10:30 , way past my bedtime ..  

Good night     Jo