question about chills
Okay this just popped in my head. I have chills like everyone gets chills and never even thought about them till i saw a question i had to answer for my doctor. I get chills but don;t everyone get chills? And also then istarted thinking i get chills in just half my body ( my lower half)  and i'll get them for like 2 second, you know the regular feeling of having the chills, then i get them again 3 seconds later then gain then again usually like 5 times in a row. I also get the normal chills you know like the whole body thing. I always thought this was normal and still think it is. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys
Nope, this rarely happens to me and only in the context of an infection.  So maybe I have had chills like you describe maybe twice in the last year or two.

Quix
I too get this only if I'm sick. Or from Avonex, when I've been known to shiver uncontrollably, but meds help this greatly.

ess
Oh, yes, I got this occasionally after my Avonex shot, too, but that is a known part of the body's reaction to interferon.  The production of interferon by the immune system - like when you get the flu - is partially responsible for the fever, achiness, chills that you get with viral infections and with the shots.

Quix
I get chills like this as well.  All the time.  I haven't mentioned this to my dr but I just thought it was normal.  I will get them in one leg and in one side of my body then throughout my whole body.  Its really weird.  
I get them too - mostly in my right foot, also in my left and elsewhere on my legs sometimes. I'd like to think that it's just because I live in a cold basement, but that probably isn't the case because blankets, heaters, etc. don't help.

Sometimes it feels like my feet (and sometimes the rest of my legs) are being repeatedly dunked in a bath of cold water. The cold, then feels like it's dripping off a bit, like an odd itchy feeling.

I'm starting to realize more and more that the ways my body makes me feel isn't the way that everybody's bodies behave...
Hi there, I also get chills but they are more like goose bumps and they are usualy on one part of my body at a time. Hard to explain.

When the shivers"goose bumps" happen I get them on one shin for approx 10 - 20 sec. Then an hour later is will happen on my upper arm or forearm. I can go weeks without this sensation but it does feel strange when it happens just because the goose bumps aren't associated with being cold at any time.

Take care,
Your chills sound most like mine.  Started in my feet about 10 yrs ago, moved slowly upwards to include all of legs then gradually up the torso.  Used to only have them late at night when I could not fall asleep (probably happened every night but sometimes I was awake to feel them), now they happen in the afternoon and evening and night, used to move up my body, can now also start on the side of my abdomen and blossom outwards.  Kind of like a signal spreading, sometimes they are so bad that even touching my skin will set them off.  There is a pause between them for sure.  Definitely neurological.  Worse if I am cold but still happen when I am toasty warm under 5 blankets!  Have you found anything to releave them?  Do you know what they are?  MS? fibromyalgia?