Multiple Sclerosis Community
question re thoracic chest ct / spinal lesions ?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Does anyone know if a thoracic chest ct shows up the spinal area or just the chest ? Im due back for lung function tests on 26th and will get the results of chest ct the chest specialist arranged just wondering if it would show up spinal lesions or any thing else Appreciate any advice her Thanks chris
Hi!, CT scans are too insensitive to be useful for seeing MS lesions.  The spinal cord is very hard to get good images of, even by MRI.  So, a negative CT of the spine is of no use in ruling out MS.  Sorry.  Quix
hi thank you Quix for that information I was living in hope that it might show something else up  Appreciate you responding as I know how busy you get helping and advising people on the forum. hope you are well as can be expected xx chris