Multiple Sclerosis Community
quix if you have time

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

quix if you have time

well,     i was uncertain to write for so long to ask you, but have thought why not anyway.
i read the fooourn here and allllth ough i know you are re-TIRED :) if you have any insight or input.
i have asked the neuro docs a couple   questions before, and understanding their limitations.
a frist specific question, if you  have ever hear of a finding in mri of hot cross bun sign due to ms?
i believe it is now thoought to be less noon specific, i have read they saw in vascultis (anothe r inflamation (inflammation) disease) and the med help doc mention he saw it in a coule patients throough the years with unknown conditions.
my history is long as most here.
with lesions, global and cerebellar atrophy and this crss finding. lp's were both neg. but biopsyy only revealing reactive gilosis.
all thena SCA types neg.
my sx's can fit either box, ms or msa. dx they say possible couls point to two porblems.
howeever i have not progressed like most their msa patients. and as 'just' being ms is hard for them to say.
i would love to hear anything you think,
thanks quix ( sorry on my type tonight, but thinlk   you can read:)
amo
Hi!! Welcome back!  We haven't talked for a while.  I don't know much about MSA, nor about the "Hot Cross Bun" sign, except that it is usually associated with MSA.  After the holidays, remind me and I'll try to do some reading to see if I can find any info which would help you.

Right now I'm finishing my knitting gifts for the family and am hopelessly behind.  Several people are getting their gift half done and still on the needles.  Oh, Well!

You have safe and painfree, loving and joyful holidays.  I'll see you after then.

Regards, Quix
thanx:

and hopes for you tohave a fantasic christmas..... but please.... please warn those people! the needles can be a b**** trying to wear soomething with them still  on!! LOL LOL
i am quiet sure they will have no trouble waitng the finishedd treat:)

look forwar d chhatting on anythinng you coulllld find.
ho ho   amo
dear quix,

did you eve er get your knittinng dine? it may have been oowwie if those needles were left in LOL

it is amazing how  far back this post ends up... like page 20 or more. That  is good in one way for the  incredible supppor t for the forum, but ho wmany need it:(

anyways, i do know you ha dbeen feeling rather punk after the holidays, i see you posting againnnn so hope you are somewhat better, are you??

................weeding through my original post, the question i haad i guess was, have you ever heard or readof anyone delevoping this hot c ross  bun sign in ms?........

i do not see my docs til spring, and any info i come up with i can quiz them. they really have  been trying.

i know  we are not 'supposee' to try and deciffer our mri, but you know it surely is tempting with them in hand   And i did recognise the sign before i ever heard my docos see it and come back to the clinic room to tell me.

But now my newest scans this summer i have not seen my doctors again yet. Again i am curious, some reason the scan series are different...no PD series, and a new one of T2*  ... in that one i see something in the area of the olivies in the medulla... they oilveslooks hyperintense. but i also do have increase of lesions (none inhansing).
It is   so confusing to me, i have these    lesions, but i have these other findings. they (topp notch docs in their fieeell ds) have not been able to figure this out in 7 years.
I did      find one [papper about a man with both PPMS and Msa.

Do you know if protocol is doing this T2* for ms these days?

you are a dear, and i understand if you have nothing to say about this. Just if you have anything new. (i hope this is understandable)
thank you and i hope your weekend is well
amo
I really tried to get an education on MSA and the MRI signs associated with it and failed.  I know too little about the field and the many different MRI appearances, so I am going to leave you with a great big zilch.  Sorry.  Just don't know and can't easily find out.

Yes, most of the knitting got finished, but my sis looked weird with her beanie still on the sticks.  Oh well, her sister has salad tongs through her head, so at least they could see the family resemblance.

Quix

ha! now i would only see  a probleem with you familys excentic apparel in a crowded  subway! ha LOL

that    is what i expected, but   thought worth a shot, you never know.
thank you for trying and thinking.
if i get any more ansers from doc i will fil  you  in.
be well, amo