razadyne & cog/speech issues
hey folks,

anyone here with MS been prescribed Razadyne for sog issues and speech issues?

any thoughts on this med? success /failures ?

thx
interesting. an MS forum and seems no one here has had this med RX'd for MS related cog/speech(can't find words) issues.

what med's are RX'd for you MS'ers that have cog/speech(can't find words) issues?
Hi there.. I haven't used this med... the neuro is working on getting the right meds for me, but I don't think he thinks my speech is that bad... I might not agree with him..but then..:)

wobbly
dx PPMS
hey Wobbly, i was just wondering if other MS'ers have had this med or not. my neuro prescribed it recently. I see it is mainly given to Alzheimer's and dementia.

so why RX that to me when i see no one else on this forum replying to this thread that they have tried this. LOL

i know of other meds for cognitive/speech issues given to MS patients but not this.

my cog/speech issues are like many others on this list so i'm just kicking the tires so to speak before i actually swallow one of these

thx
When I was having some serious cog fog, I asked my neurologist for a sample of Aricept.  Had to argue with him, actually.  It worked!  I got back some of my cognitive function - not all, but enough that I felt confident about my decisions.  

I took it for four months, total.  I still have one month left over on the scrip, so if I really need it, I'll have it.  Every month I would wait to fill out the prescription to make sure I needed it, and when I started noticing the fog creeping back in, I'd get another supply.

I guess the best way of describing the effects is...  rather like when your water pressure in the house is really low, so you have to turn the faucets to full to get any water at all.  I think that not all my brain was working properly, but Aricept helped the parts of my brain that did work, to work better.  

I've never heard of Razadyne, but it sounds like it works the same way Aricept does.
well maybe it will help.

did you have any noticable negative side effects/
The only thing I noticed was odd moire patterns in front of my eyes when I was trying to sleep, and a couple of times I had a dream that seemed a little too real.  One time I dreamt that the dog had gone THWAP! against the door, and the door broke and fell inside.  I woke up and sat up suddenly, saying "Whoa!"  Woke my hubby up.
well, that might be fun!! kidding.

thanks for the insight. since finding this forum l like checking up on meds i'm not familiar with and keeping the doctor(s) in check.

thanks for the insight and humor. pretty noisy dream you had! LOL